Glen
Last year

Referee Integrity

How on this planet can kicking out be the foul of the defender? (Mod: Inflammatory.)

Topic #50831 | Report this topic

I thought that call would be reversed. In saying that apparently they detected a smidgen of contact before the kick out. Personally the kickout was a lot more noticeable and IF there was any contact prior then it was so minor that it hardly warranted a whistle.

After the out of bounds call in the 6ers Bullets game nothing will surprise me again in review decisions. Just add this to the growing list.

Reply #910402 | Report this post

Glen  
Last year

Fan Since..There is no justification for these dodgy calls. I get refs can get it wrong, hence the review system. But when the evidence is there in slow motion (zoomed in), they double down. I'm glad they stopped the transition play that was going to be a certain score because they had just passed (or it was no risk) some sweat on the floor. I think the league would be better if the same infraction, resulted in the same outcome regardless of the player. Utopian view, I know, maybe we can aspire to that.

Reply #910501 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754