Ben
Last year

Blanks @ Cairns - Sat 28th Jan

Tips 8:00pm VIC/NSW.

Cairns by 15.

Will be watching with a glimmer of hope that the game is mildly competitive or something interesting happens, but expecting this to mirror Brisbane's meek effort on Thursday.

Topic #50833 | Report this topic

Jatz  
Last year

Bullets up at 1/4 time 27-21. Which 1/4 do Bullets fall apart tonight?

Reply #910429 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

McCall out for the second half with a cork(?) may keep things interesting.

Reply #910432 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

McCall surprisingly back on court. Visibly hobbled.

Blanks up by 1 with 6 mins to go in the third.

Reply #910434 | Report this post

Why would McCall continue with a cork. Surely early ice would hasten recovery.

Reply #910436 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

The Taipans would have to be the WORST 2nd placed team in the history of the NBL.
Everyone brags on about the Kings, but i tell you what, this is a very very weak comp.
The Taipans being 2nd tells you all you need to know about the standard of the league.
Very weak.

Reply #910443 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

Gotta love watching Bul Kuol play defense. Honestly think he could play a role in the NBA.

Reply #910445 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Cairns scraped home to get the win. Pretty much a bleh game from both sides.

Reply #910446 | Report this post

Hoops 99  
Last year

Jacket, Taipans have beaten Kings 2-1 this season and it should have been 3-0 if Noi didn't hit that 3. So perhaps your opinion is a little* wrong.

*by a little I mean a lot

Reply #910447 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

LOL you should not be giving up 87 points to this Bullets team and be considered a contender.
Its a very very weak comp.
Look at Sydney rosters, it is nothing special at all and they are miles ahead of everyone.
How many Kings players would be picked up in the NBA?
No one. Not even Cooks.

Reply #910449 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

There are plenty of spuds running around in the NBA who wouldn't get a game in the NBL Jacket. Surely you must get tired of trolling

Reply #910451 | Report this post

Krammis76  
Last year

Was at the game, midway through the first quarter Greg Vanderjagt got the score table to thow a taipans supporter out of the stadium. He was yelling a word that wouldn't be ok at the best of times. But was 10 times worse to say during pride round.

Reply #910452 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Last year

Hey Jacket, why do you even bother watching games?

Reply #910454 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

The league sucks and is unwatchable yet he/she is apparently addicted.

Not that this game reached any great heights.
Taipans did what they had to, and stay a game clear in 2nd spot despite having a bad night by their standards.
Maybe they would have played better if their own cheerleaders weren't taunting them by wearing those bold rainbow outfits.

Reply #910456 | Report this post

Hoops 99  
Last year

Miles ahead of everyone else? They are 1 win ahead. I just also told you they have beaten Sydney 2-1 this year.

Are you an NBA scout now? Do you know which players will or will not make the league? I mean there is a reason why the NBA is the best league, that doesn't diminish the NBL.

I wouldn’t mind seeing your league on a Wednesday night division 4.

You need to stop being so negative Jacket and if you hate the NBL so much why watch it and comment on it.

Reply #910473 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

@Sebastian

"There are plenty of spuds running around in the NBA who wouldn't get a game in the NBL Jacket"

LOLOL so Mitch Norton and Todd Blanchfield are better than some NBA players?

Reply #910481 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Not that I agree with the claim, but comparing imports to non-imports seems pretty clueless

Reply #910496 | Report this post

Troppo  
Last year

Was at the game, midway through the first quarter Greg Vanderjagt got the score table to thow a taipans supporter out of the stadium. He was yelling a word that wouldn't be ok at the best of times. But was 10 times worse to say during pride round.

This is not true nobody was thrown out of the stadium . What word do you think was said ?

Reply #910591 | Report this post

Krammis76  
Last year

F***ot was the word that was said. The guy was sitting a few rows behind the scorers bench.

Reply #910604 | Report this post

Troppo  
Last year

no that was the coach who swore r

Reply #910611 | Report this post

Krammis76  
Last year

Nope that's not how it happened. I was 2 metres away from him when he walked over to the scorers bench and he pointed out the guy. Coach didn't swear.

Reply #910612 | Report this post

Troppo  
Last year

Krammis76 then you must be a member of the Brisbane Bullets .
I can assure you no spectator was removed from the stadium

Reply #910617 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754