Rely
Last year

Alan Williams re-signs with SEM for 2 Years

Big Sauce back in SEM for 2 more years! Overall I think very positive for the club, he had a great impact and will hopefully continue to do so.
He joins Mitch Creek and Te-Rangi who are also locked in for NBL24

https://www.semphoenix.com.au/news/alan-williams-re-signs-with-phoenix-for-2-more-years

Topic #50885 | Report this topic

Scout  
Last year

Great get big personality, on and off the court and a legit player.

Pleased he is still in the league.

Reply #911401 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Love this. Great personality and can play. Good to see the Phoenix going for stability as they have been very good this year when healthy.

Reply #911402 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Thumbs up, good work Phoenix

Reply #911403 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Last year

Great re-signing for the Phoenix, and also the NBL. Has embraced the league and the fans, happy to see him choose to commit to the league for a few more years.

Reply #911407 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Last year

Maybe they should hold until Thursday's game against Wildcats.

That gam may reveal a different requirement. Eg if Tashawn destroys their defence, then Williams may not be a good signing .

Reply #911410 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Drugs are bad Bill

Reply #911411 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last year

He is a great player good stuff.

Reply #911414 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good signing, he is foul prone though and should be better in the following years as he understands the refereeing. Mitchell certainly deserves another year, certainly if they beat Perth and move into the playoffs.

Reply #911419 | Report this post

Cat 39  
Last year

c'mon Bill.. They are not going to change the decision on one game. He's leading the league in rebounds and has been solid all season long. It's a good signing no matter how you look at it.

Reply #911420 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

I agree re Mitchell. While JJs have set a ridiculous bar, the Phoenix making finals in two of their first four years - and not being far off a third - is historically a good start for a new club.

Reply #911421 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Maybe they should hold until Thursday's game against Wildcats.

That gam may reveal a different requirement. Eg if Tashawn destroys their defence, then Williams may not be a good signing .
So if he has one bad game, that makes the 28 good games irrelevant?

Reply #911424 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Last year

Yep great signing by SEM. Congrats.

Reply #911428 | Report this post

Jack Knife  
Last year

Great player and seems like a terrific person. Good to see him continuing in the NBL

Reply #911432 | Report this post

I was flying to Brisbane last week and while I waited 8n the Qantas lounge the SEM team arrived. As an old basketball tragic I asked Mitch and Williams for a photo and ended up chatting to Allan and his brother for a while. Really came across as a nice guy. Great to see him stay in the league.

Reply #911450 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

This sounds great on the face of it and I'm happy a player like him wants to remain in the NBL but if I were a SEM fan I would be a touch concerned about giving him a 2 year deal rather than say a one year deal.

He turned up to the Blitz really out of shape I know he was playing in Russia last season and when the invasion of Ukraine happened he went back home and didn't play again the rest of the season. So I can understand a bit why he turned up here out of shape but as a pro it's his responsibility to make sure he's in shape from the get go.

I'm not trying to shit on him he does sound like a nice guy but if I were a fan of SEM I would've much preferred 1 year than 2 years because there is the risk he might take his foot off the pedal next season.

Reply #911454 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

It's possible the guarantee of two years was a key point over more money on a one-year deal elsewhere?

Reply #911468 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754