Marius08
Last year

Josh Green making his statement

With both new signing Kyrie not suiting up, and Luka sidelined, I love how he took the reigns and made a real statement.

From - https://www.news.com.au/sport/american-sports/nba/aussie-young-gun-josh-green-wows-nba-with-careerbest-performance/news-story/c46a7503e7f819a6bb0dd8554edf2a3a

"Green finished with a career-high 29 points, six rebounds and two assists as he took centre stage along with Mavericks rookie Jaden Hardy, who also scored a career-best 29 points.

Green looked right at home at point guard as he expertly controlled the pace of the game, giving up zero turnovers.

In a sign of just how impressive his game was, the Mavericks were a remarkable +39 when Green was on the court in a 13-point win.

It's the highest 'plus minus’ in a game by a Maverick this season and the most points scored by an Australian in a game this season."

For a guy that used to have no jump shot, he has been huge.
I just hope that it makes the Mav's front office stand up and take notice, and keep giving him his opportunities, and we don't see his minutes drop to under 10/game once Kyrie suits up alongside Luka.

Topic #50888 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Last year

Josh Green goes into the starting line-up for the Mavericks with DFS and Dinwiddie traded out, and immediately produces. 29 points and six rebounds. +39. 10/17 FG, 3/6 3P and 6/6 FT.

Very impressive game.

The Kyrie trade puts him into a great position.

Reply #911430 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Last year

It's exciting he's got this, his prior form has indicated he's capable of this.

Up until now, with Luka taking 45FGA, Josh was going to be curtailed, albeit having a role in a decent system. Thus when Luka's not on the court and the rock has to be shared, he looks good.

Now if the hypothesis here is he's going to be part of a 3 guard rotation with Luka, Kyrie and himself, and the system being guard heavy, yeah it looks OK.

But it's still a system with Kyrie in it, and Luka wanting 45FGA. There's plenty in there to derail a career.

Reply #911433 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Where did all those green haters go?, I remember quite a few people last year saying he was no hope to make the boomers team for the WC or paris.

Reply #911434 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Who said that?

He was in Tokyo Olympics, why wouldn't he be part of the next WC?

Who would be replacing him?

Reply #911437 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

People had Sobey, daniels, travers, Vasiljevic, proctor etc over him.

Reply #911438 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Who lol

Reply #911439 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Last year

I think a huge part of the front offices decision to trade DFS was their confidence in Josh Green moving into the starting role. Numbers show he plays well off the ball in the 3 spot doing all the little things.

Reply #911474 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Cmon KET, you didn't have green in your 12 either. You had him as 13th man behind Vasiljevic.

From KET...

We are really persisting with hope of Simmons aren't we.

Bit of a lack of shooting in the future...

PG Giddey/Exum
SG Mills/Daniels/Vasiljevic
SF Ingles/Thybulle
PF Simmons/Kay/Cooks
C Landale/Reath

I’d have Green as 13th man.
DJ is in for shooting.

Is Exum really a PG?

Reply #911476 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

We all make mistakes, I had Baynes originally In my squad.

Reply #911477 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Boomers looking stacked with Greens performance but Ingles has also been cooking, I'd like to see Patty traded, he’s not getting burn...

I think Green might start for Boomers, Thybulle to play a lot of 4, Ingles mr fix it off the bench and Simmons to not show up!

Reply #911478 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Green could legit start as the 3 man atm with ingles off the bench.

Simmons wasn't bad at Center imo

4-5 men should be
Kay
Cooks
Simmons
Reath
Landale

Baynes, Motum-no imo
Pinder and maker the only other 2 options atm

Reply #911479 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

"Cmon KET, you didn't have green in your 12 either. You had him as 13th man behind Vasiljevic."

I'm really confused though, how does that equate to this:

“Where did all those green haters go?, I remember quite a few people last year saying he was no hope to make the boomers team for the WC or paris.”

Those two things don’t align, so it’s bizarre to equate it that way.

Also, Simmons won’t nominate to be in the WC in all likelihood, I included Simmons based on a Boomers side where everyone nominates. So the idea of using that to say Green doesn’t have a hope of making WC is weird.

And it’s not a “DJ is better than x” scenario - if you have Simmons and Giddey in the same team, you need an off-the-bench, from-the-cold Goulding style shooter because Mills and Ingles isn’t really enough shooting. Especially since it’s a low minute spot anyway.

In which case you favour DJ and a big for your 11th/12th spots over a third SF (Green) in that hypothetical.

If you looked at my posts that don’t include Simmons in the hypothetical, you see Daniels isn’t in the team and Green is, but then that would go against your apparent selective thinking argument.

Nice try, of the many variations I’ve done, good to see you haven’t bothered to read my other posts which had Green in them and blatantly excludes Simmons!

Reply #911480 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

The green haters were on another thread where they said he would not be an nba player for much longer prior to the season.

I changed my 12 too mate if you look at the thread.
No scenario where you require Vasiljevic, green shooting the 3 ball at 41.9% as an off guard or sf...

If goorj says Simmons wants in, then I'll take the coaches word over speculation on a forum.

Reply #911481 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

You shouldn't have linked me into it then, that was your mistake.

You not wanting to exclude Simmons from a hypothetical is irrelevant so I don’t know why you bothered to say that. My response is cool story - I feel Simmons won’t be there in the WC but if he is that’s great.

Happy to rub it in to you if he doesn’t play on behalf of all speculators out there though.

Ofcourse you want to consider scoring options for the boomers, it’s an obvious future issue and a probable WC focus point.

Green and Giddey NBA shooting percentages wouldn’t necessarily translate to international basketball that well with less space, compared to how effective Mills/Ingles are at both.

I love the Chip coaching decision for Giddey, but I’m not going off half-cocked.

It is straight up the dumbest comment on this thread to say the shooting issue is resolved on the basis of Green.

The scorer issue is still an issue and that Goulding-type role has to be considered. It certainly was important the last two, three, four major events!

That’s not to be critical of them, but it’d be the wrong expectation for both and the wrong way to create a team balance to expect both to provide a sharp shooting punch. You place them on the team based on what they’d provide. Giddey is a lock in there, but Green has a lot of similar players that would make him among a bunch - an irony considering they badly needed an athletic wing in the past.

But yes, Green has always been in my team that I *actually* slated for the WC since Tokyo Olympics.

Reply #911482 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Has Simmons done anything in the last season and half to warrant selection. Surely you have to have done something substantial to get in. He's out again. It’s not setting a good example for present and future players.
I’m certain the opals have moved on from Cambage.

Reply #911483 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Last year

The 12th spot in Tokyo was between Green and Giddey.

The role was "get no minutes, but breathe the culture".

Green hasn't lost his spot to both Daniels and Vasiljevic.

The obvious change will be Giddey in for Dellavedova, and then whether Delly goes back to the bench pushing Sobey out, or both Delly and Sobey out. If the latter, that may be Daniels gig.

If they go big and 5 front court players, then it MAY be Simmons instead of Daniels.

Vasiljevic will only get a gig if he is replacing Goulding.

Someone is replacing Baynes, probably Cook.

Reply #911484 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Josh looking very impressive again, against Clippers this time

Reply #911647 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

Great month for Josh Green - 18.3 PPG so far. 60% FG, 43% 3P. Looking to be a legit piece for the Mavs.

Reply #912113 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

According to this board the WC boomers lineup will be as follows -

Bryce Cotton/Bryce Cotton/Bryce Cotton
Bryce Cotton/Greg Hire/Tyrese Proctor
Xavier Cooks/Bryce Cotton/Bryce Cotton

Injury reserve - Dyson Daniels, Josh Green, Rocco

Reply #912249 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Greg Hire.

Reply #912255 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

That team is completely unrealistic. No Nathan Sobey???

Reply #912260 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Sobey is poor man's Cotton, too much duplication...

We can’t have all the same skill sets at every position unless it’s Cotton

Reply #912281 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:15 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754