Aussie
Last year

Sydney Kings full season seated memberships sold out

Does anyone know how many memberships that equates to for season 2024?

Topic #51147 | Report this topic

Cram  
Last year

I'm gonna guess its some arbitrary number based on last season's membership and a sales target. Still not a bad idea to create the perception of scarcity though.

Reply #918336 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Don't know what the cap is this season, but it's also about ensuring there's enough (good) seats for walk-ups/non-members too (the press re: being 'sold out' obviously ain't bad either though).

Reply #918339 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Does anyone know how many memberships that equates to for season 2024?

Good luck with that - the Kings communications manager got defensive when asked this same question (and thoroughly owned thereafter).

Reply #918380 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

"but it's also about ensuring there's enough (good) seats for walk-ups/non-members too"

This is a good point too, though it is a nice stadium so viewing angles from a lot of places are good. I cant see there being a risk of so many members that only the back rows are available.

Reply #918385 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Qudos bank arena, think it's still called that can hold 18,000 with the curtains drawn back, I’d say you are a good chance of a ticket. Smith and his team done top job though.

Reply #918388 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Kings have done well although for their PR guy to get so easily owned after being too defensive about a simple question regarding membership numbers is embarrassing.

Reply #918389 | Report this post

Aussie  
Last year

Kings have done well although for their PR guy to get so easily owned after being too defensive about a simple question regarding membership numbers is embarrassing.

Where have you seen this mate?

Reply #918399 | Report this post

Interpreter  
Last year

https://twitter.com/Lachy_Reid/status/1611236230276030465

Evidently there has been some manipulation with the "membership" numbers for the sake of PR. In any case, these responses are pretty embarrassing.

Reply #918404 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Super cringe, yes.

Still, the fact is that Kings crowds are very healthy lately and that's good news for the league regardless of what proportion are members.

Reply #918405 | Report this post

WC95  
Last year

I think it's a fairly reasonable question to ask what the final membership number is, considering its promoted as "sold out". I have to wonder if the Kings set the membership capacity too low, hence the resistance in publishing this. I'd like to think that if the number was something healthy like 12,000 they'd be promoting the hell out of that. That would still leave plenty of seats available to non-members too if seating availability is somehow an issue.

Reply #918434 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

You can tell by his initial response to Reid that he wasn't aware the Wildcats had published their membership numbers.

Way to keep your finger on the pulse, dude.

Reply #918435 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

You'd hope that the Kings are aiming for 6-8,000 members over the next couple of years and see if they can average 10-12k attendances over the next few years

Reply #918442 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:01 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754