Hooper
Last year

Sixers DP’s

Does anyone have a good scout or info on the Adelaide DP's? I’ve never heard of the Harvey kid.

Topic #51209 | Report this topic

SixersFan  
Last year

Akech Aliir is the brother of Aliir Aliir from Port. He is playing well in the NBL1 for North

Fraser Roxburgh at 18 is doing well in NBL1 for West

Harvey White is in Sturts NBL1 squad but has only played in 2 games. Either none of the other players could commit or he is some amazing locker room presence or I think this is CJ making this selection based on nostalgia thinking his game style reminds him of himself when he was his age. That is the only logic I can come up with on that one. Good luck to him though I hope he does well and proves the selection right. However I hope we didn't miss out on another Lachlan Olbrich type player due to this selection

Reply #919479 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I know Marshall & Roxburgh were DP's but what happened to the other two DP's from last season, Cameron Thew and Fiston Ipassou?

Reply #919480 | Report this post

Hooper  
Last year

Ipassou went D1 college

Reply #919481 | Report this post

Observer  
Last year

Any names on Sixers radar for import point guard?

Reply #919483 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

CJ said he is heading to Summer league with a clear idea of type of PG he wants, but it's not clear if he has any names in mind.

Someone who can closeout games and will potentially be a longer term player. Read that as not too young who wants to be one and done. Another Bryce Cotten would be nice.....

Expects to finalise within 2 weeks so assume he has a short list.

Looking to build relationships over there aswell so hopefully he goes ok

Reply #919487 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

Or Bryce Cotton even!

Reply #919488 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I read that, CJ said he hopes to have the roster finalised by the 20th.

Two spots left import PG and local back-up centre. I'm still willing to bet that last spot will go to DJ. Then I guess a wait and see if Franks opts out or not.

Reply #919490 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

From what I've heard Zodiac, DJ will definitely not play for the Sixers next season. He and CJ do not get along. I'm hearing Japan, but with a very young family I could also see him opting not to play rather than uproot them for a season overseas.

Lets hope CJ has an eye for talent and a big enough chequebook then Peter! It would be nice to find another keeper import to play alongside Cleveland! The way Cadee is playing atm, I'd be happy with a scoring combo guard with good handles too. Might not need a pure point guard now!

Agreed on Roxburgh, he has been very impressive with West Adelaide for an 18 year old!

I saw Cameron Thew is playing alongside Cadee at the Gold Coast. Averaging 14 ppg; 6.7 rpg; 1.1 bpg. About to turn 24 now.

Reply #919496 | Report this post

Fun coolers  
Last year

Not sure CJ even knows who Harvey is , called him Harry at the press conference and said he went to pulteney grammar and he goes to St Peter's.

Classic 36ers

Reply #919509 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

Franks
Cleveland
Wiley

Reply #919524 | Report this post

Esky68  
Last year

Must've really impressed as a playmaker during the camp

It really depends on fit, the 6ers don't have a lot of depth at the POINT guard position, or a lot of guys that are purely there to create for others

A fringe nbl1 player maybe at sturt who has a lot of better but older players. Lot of guys like that look elsewhere for more minutes but props to him for sticking around

Reply #919549 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Not sure CJ even knows who Harvey is , called him Harry at the press conference and said he went to pulteney grammar and he goes to St Peter's.

Classic 36ers

Thanks for sharing this nugget.

Wiley rehash and getting player names wrong - some things never change.

Reply #919552 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

http://www.m.sportingpulse.com/nf/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=205248737&client=0-3-44233-525595-26446952&ocompID=612649 harvey white stats

Reply #919572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:13 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754