Hoot
Last month

1990 NBL All Star game

Was thinking about how long its been since Perth got to host an all-league event. Turns out it was 34 years ago for the NBL All Star game.

I've posted on my twitter some clips from the game:

https://x.com/AdamWesterhout/status/1793421363258298391

One day, hopefully soon Perth gets an all-star game, blitz or something else big again!

Topic #52007 | Report this topic

Gus3232  
Last month

Wow, that vision slammed home just how many of those players are no longer with us. Kent Lockhart, Paul Kuiper and Stormin' Norman Taylor. And for the kids at home, the father of Sam McDaniel appears briefly also.

Reply #941927 | Report this post

Hoot  
Last month

I was amazed at how "90s" everything on the tape felt - considering it was only 1990.

From the game night production to the commercials. I always felt there's a lag from the start of a decade to what defines the decade, but in 1990 things didn't feel as 80's-ish to me.

Reply #941929 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last month

You won't have to wait too long

Reply #941930 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:00 pm, Sun 16 Jun 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754