Get a new name
Years ago

Sixers Game tonight v Bullets

going on this seasons trends, i predict:

- Our defence to go missing during the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
- Jacob to post 20 - 12
- Black to drop 30

and us to add another loss to our seasons away games tally.

110-93 final score.

What does everyone else think?

Topic #5312 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

odds on the game are

Adelaide 2.25
Brisbane 1.65

Reply #60514 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

"Get a new name", Sportsbet are offering $75 if those exact set of circumstances occurs. Have you got the inside word?

Reply #60524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get a new name you are a great 'educated negative' fan. Adelaide are officially rolling, ask melbourne, and although not as tough this season on the road, will knock Brisbane around the ring for a 20 point knockout. Jacob Holmes 20 and 12? wow you do have confidence in him!

Reply #60528 | Report this post

Get a new name  
Years ago

anon - check the trends

No doubt about it, we are rolling, at home!

Away we have a mediocre 4-4 record.
Also, compare jacob's home stats to his away stats, i'm thinking he's allergic to domestos, cause his individual away form is the reason he's in the boomer squad.

doc - maybe i work for sportsbet and set those odds.... (wink wink nudge nudge)

does anyone else care about this game, or is our second place on the ladder not good enough?

Reply #60532 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I think tonight is a danger game - with all the negative publicity Brisbane have been getting and Joey basically saying his veterans dont give a damn until finals we could be upset .

I think the reason Jacob plays better on the road is beacuse he doesnt have all the Mavericks and North girls watching him with a gleam in their eye !

Here's hoping that Nash holds up and plays another solid game (he did the hard things v Melbourne) and that Brad Hill gets a run at Black.

Reply #60535 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

This is the classic game that we seem to drop year in year out. For some reason we dont have our intensity where it should be and we get surprised by a more desparate opposition!

Reply #60536 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Brad Hill on Black -I like it. Put Farley on some one he can actually guard.... nup, can't think of anyone!

Reply #60539 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Now that deserves an icon...very funny and unfortunately very true doc!!!

Reply #60540 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Doc you are so unkind, I reckon that Willie could shut down Big Joe the Bullets trainer with out too many problems.

Reply #60541 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

woah, Being a little harsh on Willie arent we? Did he not get like 6 steals last week?

Reply #60543 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

He always gets those deflections and steals, but his hedging and ball watching is risky, and last time we played the Bullets it resulted in more scores for them than points for us. If Black gets a bees dick of a look, it's money. Try Brad Hill for a quarter, see if he can handle it. The extra height will make it harder for Black to shoot.

Reply #60546 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Trust Phil, I'm sure he's addressed all the possible problems of the past. Statman, this is not the traditional game we always drop year in year out either, we beat Brisbane in Brisbane last season. True our away record this season is not fantastic but I would like to be positive and say that every problem encountered so far has been addressed and can only go to strengthen our performance in away games.

Reply #60548 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Big Will doesn't even attempt to get around screens he just intentionally runs into them so he doesn't need to chase and can abuse the screener and the team mate who's man screened him...very lazy.

Reply #60549 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Willie's D isnt that bad, I think it seems to be the trendy thing to talk about at the moment. His one on zero breaks he self creates is a beautiful thing to watch.

Last week in Hunter, I think was a danger game that, we got, tonight, I actually dont see to many troubles for the Sixers. Many will think that is a nieve statement, and there is a little hope in my opinion, but I think the Bullets are just falt out struggling, and Adelaide arent THAT bad on the road. Brisbane arent a Sydney Kings or Tigers, although we all thought they were going to be.

Reply #60551 | Report this post

if willie keeps going under the screen then blackie will light it up like last time.Will the navy seals be sending a pic. of their arse?

Reply #60561 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Yeah Ec - I wasnt saying we normally lose to the Bullets up here - rather we have a let down everynow and then against a team we should put away comfortably. I certainly hope not tonight and Ill be cheering as hard as I can

Off to the game now...and a few beers............

Reply #60568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sixers will lose...

Sixers still rule the basketball world!

ps. Farley is UNBEATABLE so all you non-believers...

He will PROVE you WRONG!!!

Reply #60573 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Who is on Black, not even half time and he's already got 23

Reply #60578 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Reality is as supporters people that keep complaining about Farleys D are a joke!

Black 28
Bradtke 22
Rucker 22
Mackinnon 19
Brannen 17

From the looks of these numbers the whole team needs wake up!

Reply #60602 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754