The Sixers are 16-10 with six games to go. Their remaining games are:

vs Breakers
at Wildcats
vs Pirates
at Crocodiles
at Taipans
at Bullets

What's your call for the run home?

In a past thread, I'd said that I could see us closing the season 2-9, and since that they've gone 1-4. My tip is 2-4, but I'd like to be proven wrong! 3-3 is feasible if they can improve.

Topic #5666 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

I'd Go 3-3 myself. I can see us winning the 2 home games and I just feel that we will snatch 1 win in Queensland. Dont ask me which tho.

Reply #64006 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

You would think no matter what, the two home games left are absolute must wins.

Reply #64010 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I think if we play well we could win all of them. The Breakers and Crocs games are must wins for us, while the boys should get over Hunter this time.
Hopefully they play hard against Perth. Cairns should be a good game, and the Bullets, well... they're hot and cold so we might get over them.
The boys should be playing for pride and finals minutes, so lets hope they bring everything every game.

Reply #64011 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

vs Breakers> Sixers Win
at Wildcats> Loss
vs Pirates> Sixers Win (just)
at Crocodiles> Sixers Win
at Taipans> 50-50 Prob Win
at Bullets> Loss

It all depends if Cat fires up for the Cairns game.

Reply #64026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i see 2-4

sixers will have to win atleast 1 of 'my' 4 losses to think about top 4

to think of top 2, they MUST win all 4

Reply #64033 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I think we can go 4-2 :-)

vs Breakers - W - Always fun
at Wildcats - W - Rivalry at its best
vs Pirates - W - Revenge
at Crocodiles - W - Sixers to be fired up for the sunshine swing
at Taipans - L - Taipans looking for revenge
at Bullets - L - Should be steamrolling by seasons end.

Reply #64045 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Breakers Loss
Wildcats Loss
Pirates Win
Crocs Loss
Cairns Loss
Bullets Win

Pirates game is 50/50

Reply #64046 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Sorry Breakers will lose, not sixers.

Reply #64047 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

I actually think they may have just turned the corner, and are heading North again.

4-2 to close, if Sydney beat Wollongong this week, we will be clear third and wont look back. The elimination final will be huge this year obviously. That system has to go in my opinion, because all of this is pointless if we dont win the 'extra' game of the season to make the real playoffs!

Reply #64050 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Im with twenty four... if we play well, we CAN win all 6. We should win the 2 home games. Perth will be very tough, probably the toughest of the 6, but we beat them here pretty comfortably if you exclude the last 5 minutes, so we could do it over there. Townsville are pretty average. Cairns can be pretty average. Brisbane CAN be the best team in the league but can also be the worst just about. My tip: 4-2. Losses to Perth and the Bullets.

Reply #64079 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I like the idea of the elimination games but not top 8.

Why not go with top six.

3v6
4v5
in one off elimination games

than that gives you a top 4 to go best of three to give you a top two to go best of five.

Reply #64141 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

I think we will win 3 and lose 3, probably win against crocodiles or taipans. This should put us third and perhaps another playoff against Brisbane!

Reply #64318 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I too like the idea of top 6 but dont like the elimination games.

A - 3 v 6 (Best of 3)
B - 4 v 5 (Best of 3)

C - 1 v Winner of B (Best of 3)
D - 2 v Winner of A (Best of 3)

E - Winer of C v Winner of D ( Best of 5)

Would only take maybe 3 days longer than the current format and Im a firm believer than if you dont finish above at least half of the team you shouldnt be playing finals. So 6 out of 12 is perfect.

Reply #64324 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:56 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754