Hoop Addict
Years ago

Mo Peterson ejected for slapping Vince Carter!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5231882

Pretty hilarious. There's footage of it on nba.com. I'm sure a lot of Toronto fans would like to slap Vince!

Topic #5719 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

Just watched the highights on NBA.com, looks like a crazy game, Vince hit 2 MASSIVE threes in the last 30 seconds (1-2 metres outside the arc) including the match winner with .1 seconds remaining. Nets down by 6 with under a minute to play.

The Peterson ejection was harsh, he already had 1 tech, Vince jokingly slapped him on the face and Mo did the same back, but not as hard, the ref didn't see Vince's slap and hit Mo with a second T. There is also an awesome Kidd Vince alley, Carter's control and knowledge where the hoop is when he's in the air is nothing short of remarkable.

Reply #64647 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

According to ESPNs article, vince carter is going to pay the fine for peterson. Also peterson threw his jersey into the crowd on the way to the locker room. Bonus for one lucky fan.

Reply #64669 | Report this post

Years ago

That's pretty piss poor for a light face tickler, i would hope the NBA isn't going down the road soccer has gone.

Reply #64678 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

5 tech fouls were given out that game :|

But yeh that was a pretty piss poor ejection, Vince hit Mo harder!

Reply #64707 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Can't wait for the Nets next visit to Toronto. Everyone's making Vince up to be this big hero for getting revenge against the Raptors ..... when HE was the one who burned them.

Northerner - the Nets will pay for this one day.

Reply #64720 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Seeming that Carter went up to the ref and said they were only mucking around, you would think that he could've realised the two of them of them WERE only mucking around. Feel sorry for Mo, especiallly after seeing the massive no call he was angry about in the first place, he got absolutely cruched going to the basket.

Reply #64768 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Steve Javie is probably the biggest wank of NBA refs. He will throw someout of the game for looking at him funny. It's fair enough to give Peterson the tech for the slap if that is all he saw. But he wouldn't listen to Peterson, wouldn't listen to Carter, wouldn't listen to the Raptors bench. They were all saying the same thing, but there was no changing the call. Pathetic.

Reply #64774 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Agree Jasmine, Steve Javie is the biggest tool in the NBA... His ego was too big to admit that he may of made a mistake after Vince and the Raps bench said it was all tongue-in-cheek.

Javie gets an 'F' in communication, and quite possibly cost the Raptors the game...

Reply #64784 | Report this post

NJ NETS 15  
Years ago

Moses Guthrie if vince is such an arsehole wat more could he of done to make u feel better common the man tried to get it called bak he was only mucking around and hes paying the fine wat more can he do. i dnt really think that he deserves to have knifes put into him, and he hit that game winning 3 with defence right up in his face so i dnt think MO would of stopped that

Reply #64840 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I have no issue with the tech foul. It was theatre at its best and the retaliator always gets caught. My issue is with the way Vince left Toronto. The man has no integrity.

Great article on Sportsgoons recently. Worth a read. Captures my argument well.

"Take Vince for example. He was playing lazy and sitting out games with injury in Toronto, quietly going about his work as a total douchebag, and then all of a sudden he gets traded to New Jersey and started putting up much better numbers and playing with greater intensity. Well, that made him a complete dickhead."

Reply #64845 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Moses,

Great photo, could you do one for Kobe too?

Vince left cos he knew he would team better with Kidd (as they have proven). Maybe Toronto wasn't his thing, and Jersey is where he fits in best? I admit I was a bit concerned when we got him, but I'd much prefer him over that pussy K-Mart, he does everything Martin does but better (and he can shoot to rock too).

I don't think Vince looks like a dick, I think Toronto looks stupid for not being able to recognise how to get the best out of the guy. Isn't that a primary role of the coach?

Reply #64851 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

True, but Sam Mitchell did a great job with Rafer Alston and the rest of the team, so I don't see how you could question his credibility. It's not like they ever got into a fist fight - Sam was perfectly in control .....

Reply #64881 | Report this post

NJ NETS 15  
Years ago

its funny wat happens wen u give a gud palyer respect eyy. every1 in toronto were sick of him.

Reply #64999 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I dont know why anyone would be mad at vince, unless your a toronto fan. hes a great guy, he paid the fine, has his own charity for god sake, wat more do you want the man to do.

So he changed clubs, so what, it happens all the time and just because hes posting better nubers than he was at toronto doesnt mean he wasnt putting in 100% for the raptors, they are both totally different teams with different plays so you would be stupid to even think that.

Respect to VC!!!

Reply #66002 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754