Anonymous
Years ago

Joe Ingles Broken Foot

I have heard that Joe has broken his foot in a training session and is out for 12 weeks, meaning that he will miss the 20 Nationals, can anyone confirm if this is true?

Topic #5729 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

I can confirm he has sustained a fracture in his foot yeterday while training with a team, which will keep him out for 12 weeks. Occured when he changed direction.
Spoke to him this morning and he sees the doc today for final diagnosis.
He will be a big loss but the state group is strong and our goals have not changed.

Reply #64739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bear - can you confirm who of max, dan, dave and phil will be taking his spot?

Reply #64777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Max is the best pick imo given his intensity, desire, defence, shooting and mental demeanour, unlike a couple of others I see as liabilities to the team. And no I am not Max and I am not Norwood!

Reply #64780 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

We will take our time to select the person who will fit best. Thats all i can say at this point in time, we wont rush into deciding

Reply #64782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

will the TAB open up betting on the replacement?

Reply #64787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bear. that's a strong diplomatic answer. Does that mean, you haven't been able to let Richard know of the injury, and ask him who he will pick?

haha, just playing, you're a star!

Reply #64790 | Report this post

Pete Mitchell  
Years ago

Probably means he won't be dancing up a storm at any night clubs soon!

Reply #64796 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

It means that anyone of the guys who made reserve would fit into the team, we just have to decide who is best, each athlete provides something different, so as i said we wont rush into a decision. And dont worry Richard was the first one i told.

Reply #64797 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How can you make a statement about the reserves being a liability to the state team...!!! If they were going to be a liability, they would not have been selected as reserves!
This would have to be the dumbest thing I thing I have read lately.

And, if they are, then the coach hasnt done his job. Are you willing to tell him that?

By the way, sorry to hear about the foot Joe, Hope your recovery goes well.

Reply #64822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard he was training with the townsville crocs and did it there hmmmm

Reply #64907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They probably mean that they will not be able to bring the same level to the table that Joe can. It is a big hole to fill.

Reply #64919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

townsville it was and they are really looking after him

Reply #65043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i personally think zacharjak is the best choice. a swingman who can play all of 1 through to 4 spots. great defender and a monster on the boards, a no brainer i think, should be in the team from the start.

Reply #65141 | Report this post

bling  
Years ago

Max hands down. Put Tom Rowe in the 3 spot and Max in the 2 spot. I dont think zacajak can play the 1 and 2 spots. He's more of an undersized 4 man. If your trying to fill joes shoes, Max is one of the fastest players in the squad (if not the fastest) and will run the lanes. And when it comes to ball skills and shooting, i would definitly go with Max aswell.

But it'll be interesting to see who richard goes with. Does anyone know when he is going to make the decision?

Reply #65157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope they don't leave it too long! There's a fair bit of pressure on the resevers to perform. The sooner they pick the final player the better i think.

Reply #65159 | Report this post

Bosco  
Years ago

I think they need to go big, Dave Boyd being the one, have clausen play 3 spot and molitor in 4 then still pleanty of size on the bench which they will need for sure.

Reply #65161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wsup with Craddock? ankle or achilles and out for how long?!

Reply #65275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'd take zacharjak over max anyday..he CAN play the one and two as well as three and four..and no one crashes the boards harder than he does..he also has great intensity and a very high work rate..

Reply #65293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

craddock.. achilles injury... at least 3 weeks!

Reply #65299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if thats right, thats a huge risk before nationals very heavy playing demands.
:-(

Reply #65319 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I hear that the decision has been made, c'mon coaches - put everyone out of their misery.

Reply #65616 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Is there any news on who the replacement was? Did Rory recover in time?

Reply #67753 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:29 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754