JT
Years ago

Phillips takes out second WNBL weekly prize

Phillips takes out second WNBL weekly prize

With 16 rounds and 18 games of outstanding basketball behind her, Adelaide Fellas guard, Erin Phillips, has won her second Price Attack Women's National Basketball League (WNBL) Virgin Blue Player of the Week award of the season.

Helping her team to two exceptional wins in Round 16, Phillips averaged 19.0 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists against top placed Dandenong and second-placed Bulleen Melbourne.

20-year-old Phillips is continuing the superb form she showed in the 2004/05 season when was named in the All-Star 5. In the 2005/06 season, she was named Player of the Week in Round 2, and was then bestowed the honour of being Player of the Month in October. This season she is averaging 15.8 points, 8.2 rebounds and 4.8 assists in 33 minutes on court.

In the Fellas first match of Round 16, the South Australians came up against League leaders, the Dandenong Jayco Rangers. While they were expected to put up a good showing, the Fellas were not given good odds to win this match, but on the back of a game-high 24 points from Phillips, they took this heart-racing match 77-75. Phillips also had five rebounds and three assists.

The second match of their road trip took place at the Veneto Club against Bulleen Melbourne on Sunday afternoon. This was billed as a match that would give a good indication of where teams were at as the finals approached.

The Fellas took the match by only three points, 67-64, and Phillips had 14 points at 67%, six rebounds, an assist and a steal.

Her free throw shooting was 100% accurate for the weekend, sinking all 10 of her attempts from the charity stripe.

If This doesn't help push her selection with the Opals then i don't know what will!!!

Topic #5822 | Report this topic

gje  
Years ago

Congratulations Erin - you are a superstar at our place!

Reply #66185 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

erin - you are a legend in the making and I can't wait to see you at the commonwealth games - then on ESPN and the webcasts - playing for the sun with laura and then the worlds after - keep your humble hard working ethic up - we know it is in your blood

Jan and Coach T know their basketball

go you good thing

roy and HG
graeme and the colonel
(rememeber them)

Reply #66223 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

isaac what happened there - i congratulated erin and was looking forward to some good things

had a laugh about go you good things - and it appears my post was censored - have I missed something or did the filter pick up something i am not aware of????

what the???

(Mod: The word "colonel" is a bit sensitive around here!)

Reply #66225 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

He was just making sure you lived up to your name.

Reply #66232 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:13 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754