Isaac
Years ago

Funny Sixers, Fellas double header tomorrow

With all of the front page dramas with BASA this week, please don't forget that tomorrow sees the Sixers playing their last regular season home game of the year against the Hunter Pirates, as well as a bit of a curtain raiser in the Adelaide Fellas hosting Canberra. It's all happening at the Dome.

The Fellas tip-off at 5:30 PM and the Sixers start at 8:00 PM. WNBA star Lauren Jackson is expected to play for Canberra, so even if you're "only" a Sixers fan, you'll probably want to get to the Dome early to catch both games.

Willie Farley likes the team's chances:

"Sooner or later you find your rhythm," Farley said. "This is our last home game and I know we'll have a positive mindset.

"We're going forward now. I always try to be positive."

Anyone willing to put forward their tip?

Topic #5854 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

I'm going to tip the Sixers by 11.

Reply #66510 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Sixers by 15

Fellas by 8

Reply #66513 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Sixers by 19 (113-95)

Caps by 12 (65 - 77)

Reply #66514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, can you get in to the WNBA match even if you only have a season ticket for the Sixers or do we have to buy seperate ticket ?

Are we able to go out of the Dome in between the matches to get some fresh air ?

Reply #66520 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

I doubt you would go to a WNBA game and make it back in time for a Sixers game. You can however get enry to the WNBL game before hand on a Sixers season ticket.

Reply #66522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can always leave the Dome via the front doors, you can get a passout ticket from security

Reply #66531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone tell me how much tickets are?

Reply #66535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

doubts that wnba would allow you entry on a sixers ticket they would be

who are the sixer yo'all?

Reply #66537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

season ticket get all basa event right? should we not be able to get both games on the same ticket just stay in the venue for the 6ers after.

Reply #66539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

66539 think you miss the point that the person asked if they could get into a WNBA game first on their sixer ticket.

the WNBA is played in the United States of America

The WNBL is played in Australia and the WNBL game between the Fellas and the Capitals will be played before the sixers.

I'm positive that your sixer ticket would not get you into a WNBA game.

Reply #66542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so....any ideas about the price of tickets for BOTH games?

Reply #66554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they might let you in cos they pitty you or due to dedication of the commute.

Reply #66565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A sixers game ticket will get you into the WNBL game (hence the term double-header), Fellas season ticket holders will have already received tickets to the sixers game

Reply #66590 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Im really looking forward to this game. Looking forward to seeing Helms in action. Im gonna tip the sixers by 24 points. I think they will finally put up a massive win for the home crowd. Hopefully Brett is right to play, otherwise knock about 10 points off my tip.

Reply #66595 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Sixers should be out for revenge in this one. It would be nice to see them put anyone (other than NZ) well and truly AWAY.

Sixers by 2.

Looking for a double header win.

But Fellas were shocking the last game at the dome, so I see the Caps to be too good.

Reply #66596 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Sixers by 8, Farley to take way too many shots, Maher to be solid, Coops, Dusty and Holmes to all register 10+ rebounds EACH and Oscar to break back into double digits.

Reply #66600 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Does anyone know if you enter on a Sixers season ticket if you have the right to your seat for the Fellas game? Are you able to kick someone out of your seat if they are sitting there for the Fellas game? If you don't have a right to your seat, do you just take anyone that's available and then move back to yours for the Sixers game?

Reply #66604 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

DJ...If Farley is playing anywhere near the level he played against Perth, Phil should cut him if he DOESN'T take at least 20 shots.

Reply #66612 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

EC

As sad as I am to say this, if someone is sitting in your seat for the Fellas game, I would almost guarantee that you would be able to get a seat of equal, if not better, positioning anyway.

As for XY saying Fellas weren;t good at their last Dome game, maybe you should give the girls a break, beating both the #1 and #2 team, on the road, last weekend...the girls will be playing for the possibility of the double chance, and a home semi final!

Reply #66620 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Jasmine... I'm indicating that whenever Willie has a good game (last week vs Perth) the next game he nearly always takes a few too many shots. I definetly agree that if he is 'in the zone' like he was against Perth take as many shots as you like, but when he's not he sometimes he forgets that there are others around him that can shoot just as well.

Willie vs Perth 14/23.
I'm prediciting he'll put up close to 30 shots tonight connecting on around about the same 14.

Reply #66640 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Boti's pre-game Sixers ready for Pirates

Willie's 100th as a Sixers
Mahers 450.

Reply #66643 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

And last night willie proved me wrong. great game by the guys.!

Reply #66710 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

And yogee, I apologise to the girls - though they did suck the last time they played before the Sixers!

Reply #66867 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:01 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754