Isaac
Years ago

Sixers vs Bullets: Maher possible, Rucker out

There was concern that Maher's injury from late in the Townsville game could've been a calf tear but tests have shown it to be a strain only. He'll shoot today and train lightly in the lead up to the game on Saturday. No such luck for Rucker:

Bullets captain Derek Rucker will miss the game and may also be out of the playoff series after scans yesterday revealed he had suffered several fractures in his eye-socket and cheekbone.
The full article

Anyone want to put forward their tip for this one?

Topic #5986 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

If maher plays, Bullets by 8. If Maher is out, Bullets by 21.

Hate to say it, but I think we have more chance of holding third with the Hawks being downed by the Pigs.

Prove me wrong guys.

Reply #67924 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Rucker always seems to play well against the 6ers, his absense should help.

How much longer is Dusty out?

6ers are gonna have they're hands full stopping Bradtke and Brannen without him.

If they can find a way to slow Black down then the 6ers have a chance.

Reply #67925 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

if dusty and maher play we will win 3 - 5 pts if either are out 6 - 9 loss

Reply #67926 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Bullets by 25, with Rucker to make an unlikely early recovery to lead the Bullets with 7 of 9 shooting from the three point line.

Pessimistic? Yes. But at least a pessimist is pleasantly surprised when things go better than expected.

Can anyone be bothered working out how many games we have lost when the game was on Fox. I think we have lost all of the Fox games on the road. (The home ones dont count cos I get to see them live anyway)

This is an important game though. Our next outing could well be against the Bullets here in a KO final.

Reply #67928 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Black is struggling with injury at present (stress fractures) and hasnt been training. While he normally rises against us I dont think he will be as big a threat as normal. Rather that little prick Hill who has been very playing well (expecially in O/T on their last outing) will be the one we need to contain as if he gets on a roll we will struggle

Reply #67931 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Going by this, our away Fox games were: Hawks, Bullets, Tigers, Wildcats, Taipans, and Bullets again (still to come).

We lost all of those bar the last Wildcats game.

Reply #67932 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I have to admire S.Black every time he plays us he tears us a new asshole.

I don't thinmk Rucker will be the Big loss everyone thinks. If Brannen was out then it would be big but they can overcome rucker

Reply #67943 | Report this post

jordash  
Years ago

Rucker is a pretty big loss but they will still kick butt

Reply #67956 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

mark...Apart from the 2002 finals.

Reply #67959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah i'm with kriss the big factor is black he always kills us and no one can guard that quick release he has and from his left hand it still seems to catch people off.

Now do people think its really that much better to take on the tigers rather than kings? if you can shut down the kings from the arc you are now a long way beating them. I'm kinda like phil now, i'm not sure that it makes much difference.

Reply #67963 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

The big factor is Phil - does he want to win? does he care if they finish 3rd or 4th?

Reply #67966 | Report this post

Yowie the Camper  
Years ago

The big factor is Rucker and his ability to use his Jedi mind tricks

Reply #67987 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

bullets are playing for a home final and will be motivated. I think sixers would prefer to finish 4th and take cairns -pirates winner and then sydney. I think hawks will bale out against Razors and we will finish 3rd anyway and face BULLETS again!!!

Reply #68000 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

big factor is do we want a full healthy squad for the knockout final against whomever? My tip - maher/rychart wont play, or minimal mins.

Reply #68030 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:14 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754