Anonymous
Years ago

School sport

I was told by a member of my school sport staff today that if i continued to miss 'pre-season' training for school that he has the power to ring my club and tell them i am not allowed to play. Does anyone know if teachers have the power to do that?

Topic #6118 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No the don't.

Reply #69212 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

That's no they don't.

Reply #69214 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Is he/she serious? you dont go to trinity do you, cuae i know they get detentions if they play for BLG league clubs over playing for trinity, which has almost lead to teams going under because they might have some of the most talented players but none are allowed to play and there arent enough players left.....

Reply #69216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is true for football, school comes before club but I dont know if the same rule runs for basketball, i assume its the sanfl trying not to damage the schools competitions that many of the big (private) schools value greatly

Reply #69221 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

Some private schools do have policy that requires representation for the school must come first. Others have unwritten/negotiable 'tradition'. May I suggest if it is a private school, you have a polite discussion with the Head of Sport/Cocurricular/Activities - whichever it may be in that school. Do not simply talk to a staff member, as any staff member desires to coach a stronger winning team!

If it is a public school, I do not believe this to be the case.

Reply #69230 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

teachers in the public school system do not have that right and nor should they...

Reply #69244 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

soryy, yes i was talking about football, and i know alot of the adelaide schools do it and its fine but in gawler there are three local football teams (gawler central, gawler sounth and willaston) and when trinity students are made to play for their school it does alot of damage to the local league just because trinity wants to be like the adelaide schools.

Reply #69249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fairly easy solution. Move schools and take your money elsewhere.

For Football it is the case that Private schools do a good job of developing talent that moves into the AFL. Like Sacred Heart.

But for basketball, no players has ever made it to ABA level or above without being involved with a club. If you put the school first you will be putting your future at risk.

Reply #69288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754