Mr Whippy
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers coach

1. Adelaide 36ers has the most expensive coaching department in the NBL
2. Many would say that Smyth hasn't the respect from his players, ex boards and management
3.Perhaps the other clubs have worked out Smyths coaching plan & he hasn't any new ideas
While the powers to be are cleaning up BASA's act - now would be a good time to excuse Smyth from his coaching duties.
4. Perhaps Smyth would make a good Development Officer at BASA

What do you think????

Topic #6174 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mr Whippy you talk amazing amounts of shit. Go back to the sport you came from because you obviously know nothing about basketball.

Reply #69680 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Mr Whippy, this thread would have taken a completely different twist if the Sixers won last night. Nobody would be asking for Smyth's departure. One game does not determine someone's success as a coach. By one game I mean we would be having a different conversation if the Sixers won last night. In view of the success the Sixers have had this season against all odds, the core group did not change. This went for us not against us. Now you think by Smyth leaving, that will be an instant fix. I don't think so.

Reply #69686 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I dont really agree with all of what Mr Whippy is saying however all things should be looked at including the coaching now that the season is over. Finishing in the top 4 is very respectable but to be finishing around the middle mark (4th, 5th, 6th) for what, the last 4 seasons? Something has to be done to get us going that extra yard.

Reply #69690 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

And you know what will get us going an extra yard in the finals? a quality centre.

Reply #69709 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I agree, Just what I said in a previous post.
And surely the coaching staff have to be a key element in gaining the service of a quality centre.

Reply #69710 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

EC wrote: "Mr Whippy, this thread would have taken a completely different twist if the Sixers won last night."

BUT they didn't mate...they were beaten just like last year. Time for some change...

Reply #69781 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Considering Smyth is rated consistently in players surveys as the coach they would like to play for the most, you have to wonder where the problems in recruiting are.

If the players want to play under Smyth, maybe it was the former management team that caused the issues?

Reply #69793 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

When is the last time we had a dominant import Centre?

Reply #69805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yogee they want to play here because of a rep for easy trainings!!

Reply #69825 | Report this post

When's the last time we actually had a dominant centre??

Reply #69812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we never have had one and when we tried to function with one (rogers) we dont know how to use him. We need a big centre but one that does not demand the ball all the time, a guy in dusty's mould just bigger who can run a bit.

Reply #69856 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Last dominant Center?? The Wookie
Bradtke

Reply #69872 | Report this post

Bob  
Years ago

Anonymous - it sounds like your the coaches love child and if you had half a brain you would agree that Smyth cannot do much more for this club - other NBL coaches have worked him out and his strategy seems to be the same / nothing new. The 36ers need to win a flag NOT 3rd, 4th, 5th etc WIN do you know what that means Anonymos (which ever that one is?)

Excuse Smyth now and bring some fresh ideas to the club.............and WIN

Reply #69955 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

#69825....do you really think players want to play for adelaide because of 'easy training sessions'. dont be ridiculous. i think phil has again done an outstanding job with the pool of talent he has got. lets remember that we finished 4th in regular season and lost (again i know) in a tight final. you win some you lose some. i would definitely give him another 1 or 2 years to try and get us a title. surely 3 premierships gets you that chance.

Reply #69958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

john ring up stiffy and try and get him to play here again..

Reply #69966 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:20 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754