Anonymous
Years ago

Finals surprises!

PERTH beating Brissie, than wollongong!

Cairns beating Adelaide.
Maybe Perth or Cairns will win the grand final...

... i've thought it over. NO, won't happen.

Anyones thoughts?

Who will win??????

Tigers or Wildcats???
Kings or Taipans???

Topic #6179 | Report this topic

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Wildcats will lose to the Tigers in 3, Wildcats taking the first game by 5-8

With the current form of the Taipans....
Taipans will take each game and push it to the wire. I'm tipping Taipans in 3 close games, Game 3 going to OT and Taipans by 2......

Reply #69743 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

Sydney and Tigers to sweep both series I reckon.

Reply #69749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have to agree with Ashman here. While it sucks that Adelaide lost last night, we were never going to beat Sydney to make the G/F.

Reply #69750 | Report this post

tanner  
Years ago

cairns will win in 4
melbourne will win in 4

then cairns in 6 for the GF

Reply #69756 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Cairns v melbourne final.

Cairns are tough, nothing to lose. I want sydney to repeat again but i feel cains are a bit of a smokey.

Perth are fun to watch, everyone thinks their out of their eliment... but with rodgers growing with a bit of confidence the last 4 weeks... very dangerous unit riding on emotion and the back or rock solid redarge

Reply #69769 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Who cares now! The season is over.

Reply #69773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne should do away with Perth. They are seriously overachieving at the moment. Cairns vs Sydney is where the contest is. Cairns play better D on Sydney than any other team in the League and have the weapons that specificaly target Sydney's weaknesses. If the Kings can't get their running/shooting game firing, Cairns could easily create quite the upset.

The city of Cairns as well will be behind the Taipans more than any support the other teams will get from their home cities. You can chalk up the Game 2 win at home to the Taipans on the strength of that alone I think. It'll be down to Game 3. Kings had better be firing.

Reply #69782 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

For mine, I think the Tigers will be this years champions, and will be brilliant for the league, and the sport in general.

With South Dragons about to fully launch, a championship in Melbourne, and the NBL media attention it will receive can only give the Dragons a big leg up.

Reply #69795 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Sydney over Cairns in a sweep

Melbourne over Perth in 3

Melbourne over Sydney in 4

Reply #69822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't care who wins - Any team but Sydney!!!

Reply #69828 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I tend to agree with yogee, even though I do not particuarly like the tigers I think it would do the world of good for Melbourne to have a derby between the champs and the new team.

Im just sick of seeing teams start then finish in the L

Reply #69850 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

dissapointed we lost, but i stated at the beginning of the season that i lked Taipans on paper. I've always praised Mee and he sure displayed what a legend he is. With Cat in the squad and having seen the depth that came out of the woodwork the other night I would love to see the Taipans success continue. As some are saying that the Tigers winning it would be great for the L I think the same can be said for the Taipans.
I'm hoping for a strong, confident Taipans to take on the Kings and maybe make some history.

Reply #69879 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:20 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754