Anon
Years ago

Screeny leaving us....

Would be sad for the Fella's but it almost a certainty that Jen is headed home. A WONDERFUL servant to the club and I can only hope that after things settle post Opals disappointment and the end of the season she see's some future with us and opts to give us a couple more seasons.
Would be a real loss. Already the loss of Wily will hurt badly.
And thanks to Tami. A sensational person, team orientated and can play!
With a massive ?? mark over Erin we really must hope that the budget & support @ board level is there to recruit well.
Laura, Sam and Cherie will be back.. but boy we are going to struggle.....

Topic #6207 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

****!

Fellas will suck next year now!

PLEASE STAY SCREEN!!!

Reply #70015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

na, we are done with her. it is time she went.

Reply #70041 | Report this post

lennon  
Years ago

Wheres Willey going??

Reply #70049 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

anon #70041 you are a fool. Sceeny is a champ and would be a hugh loss. Good luck with whatever you do Screeny hope you stay!

Reply #70056 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

"massive ?? mark over Erin" (???)

Please explain.

Reply #70064 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Willey is going back home to Rockhampton with her hubby.

Reply #70076 | Report this post

lennon  
Years ago

Cant be persuaded to stay??

Reply #70082 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

Anon 70041. Please explain why we would be done with a player of 23 years of age. 7 years of WNBL experience. A former captain and respected by her team mates as a leader despite Sam being the captain now. 9th in "points per game"... 9th in the league in foul shot accuracy, 5th in assists and WON the 3 point percentage award for the league.
Not only in todays advertiser but also the Herald sun Jen was described as the most unlucky player not to be selected-pipped by Hibbert.

So... why would it be that this player that gives 100%, puts her body on the line and has some serious talent would NOT be an asset to ANY side in the league??

Another idiot... another looking for a stir. Thing is Jenny Screen does not deserve such disrespect after the courage she has shown to get on court week in week out for our side. I paid my $$'s week in week out to watch the side compete and I can say I take great pleasure and gain a lot in a sporting sense from watching the way Jenny goes about her business.

Reply #70083 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hoping seriously that "the dust settles quick" and that the right people come up with the right things to say to Jen.
She is an great ambassador for our club. She loves the side. She is passionate about the Lightening/ Fellas, their history and the upholding of their traditions.

But.. family, boyfriend... and home seems like it is calling.

WNBA and Europe is calling Erin... fielding plenty of offers... will update soon as to the status... Hopefully Greg "grounds her" for something.....

Reply #70084 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Willy is retiring from basketball unfortunately anon

Reply #70104 | Report this post

sense of humour  
Years ago

willey wants to have a family - that has been well known.

screen is going to europe to play - who knows fron there --- plse come back !

erin - if she gets a good rookie wnba season and worlds behind her - will get offers overseas - and I do not blame her for going

do not be surprised if deanna smith comes back!

Reply #70117 | Report this post

Maceweb  
Years ago

Screeny is a true champion Adelaide will miss her services dearly her not being captain again this season was a joke no disrespect to sam but screeny is a great leader and if she didnt get it because players in the squad arent working hard enough or just arent good enough and she tells them what she expects and they take that badly thats crap (just somethin I heard) Best thing to have would be a team of people with the same attitude toward playing at this level and coaches to recognise this.

Reply #70443 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:04 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754