Anonymous
Years ago

North women... any previews??

Not much has been posted in regards to the North Women... Any updates on their line-up?

Topic #6356 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

and also their men's line-up??

Reply #71527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women - apart from Tania Dhu - very young. Obviously no Erin Phillips.
Marc Wallis and Mike McKay coaches.

Men - Nathan Hawkes and Mike McKay both gone. Also quite a young line up. Heard that Simon Bennett is making a come back!! Scott Loveday still coaching I think.

Reply #71530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If North line-ups are quite young might be good for the team to have some-one with Simon's experience out there.

Reply #71542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i doubt bennet will be fit in time for the season opener but he could be ready midway through the season asuming the body holds up untill then

Reply #71547 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

I'vbe heard Bennett will be playing this year.

Reply #71551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bennett in the women's lineup is he?????

Reply #71564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I only saw one game at the blitz but he looked good to me

Reply #71612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont think fitness a issue at all wether loveday will give him a go
looing good from what i saw at the blitz.........vintage bennett!!

Reply #71616 | Report this post

Rodman  
Years ago

^ True

Reply #71808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rodman,

What is true? All of the above; Bennett will be playing; Loveday may not give him a go. Spill the beans!

Reply #71837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North women wont be that young, only losing Erin Phillips to WNBA and Lil Keane to the SEABL. Other than that its fairly unchanged and getting Erin Lorenzini in in the guard spot and Emma Pawlowski back from injury... dont anyone write them of as just a bunch of kids...

Reply #71859 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Put up a good fight against Southern - will not be easybeats but will suffer a little in the on-court leadership stakes this year.

Reply #72328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are a team of juniors.. where are the seniors? And why have numbers of an army on the bench? I think they'll show to be easybeats..

Reply #72393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Zorich, the Burdon brothers , Frangers Tom and Jordy North already have plenty of guards to rotate. Bennett can still go but would struggle to guard the quick young bucks of the league.
Zorich, Erik and Franchesinis looked real good Sat nite apparently Zorich 1 rebound off a triple double.

Reply #72403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't talking about the Men.. they actually look promising.

Reply #72419 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754