jimmy de bas
Years ago

ABL Season Predictions

Anybody dare to try and predict the Men's ladder at the end of the minor round? Seems like everyone has a realistic shot at the 5.

Jimmy's tips for the minor round:

MEN:

1. Eastern
2. Forestville
3. Sturt
4. Southern
5. Woodville
6. Centrals
7. West
8. Norwood
9. South
10.North

WOMEN: (very limited knowledge)

1. Forestville
2. West
3. Sturt
4. North
5. Southern
6. Norwood
7. Eastern
8. South
9. Centrals
10.Woodville

What is the bet that North will now go on to win the Men's comp, just like the mighty Warriors last year.

Topic #6406 | Report this topic

Southern 4th in the men? You're being quite generous there i think.....

This is how i think things will fare (for the men)

Eastern (what is Jacob doing? If he's playing then definitely number 1. If not...)
Woodville
Sturt
Norwood
Forestville
--
South
North
Centrals
West
Southern

Reply #72040 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Tigers last?? That is just being nasty. Don't forget that this year sees the addition of Matt Alexander, Matt Clarke, Joel Goodenough and some much more productive minutes from Boal. With Hoban gone, this will also pave the way for Lalic to run those lanes 20 minutes a night... I know I wouldn't want to step in front of that train.

Reply #72044 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I'm expecting a pretty even contest in the men this year. There should be plenty of upsets to keep the tipsters on their toes.

I'll go with :

1 - Eastern
2 - Sturt
3 - Forestville
4 - Woodville
5 - Centrals
6 - Southern
7 - South
8 - Norwood
9 - North
10 - West

I think the top 3 could finish in any order, and from 4-10 will be a crap-shoot as to who can pull off the most close wins.

Reply #72062 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't know the rosters very well for a few teams this year, but I think Hoop Addict might be around the mark. Maybe Centrals lower than Southern and Norwood above South? And North a few rungs up at least.

Sturt beat West on Tuesday night by 28, and I think both teams ran their full rosters (Sturt without Dodman though).

Reply #72066 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

Mens:
1 - Forestville*
2 - Sturt*
3 - Eastern*
4 - Woodville*
5 - West*
6 - Southern*
7 - Centrals*
8 - Norwood*
9 - South*
10 - North*

Womens
1 - West*
2 - Forestville*
3 - Southern*
4 - North*
5 - Eastern*
6 - Sturt*
7 - South*
8 - Centrals*
9 - Norwood*
10 - Woodville*

(all teams with asterix denote player assumptions)

Rueben Rodriguez

Reply #72067 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

SOUTHERN #1!!!

Yeah baby!! Back up the pointy end of the scale this season!!!

Good recruiting by the Southern admit team has packaged a great team to start the year. The "no" great loss of self absorbed, whipping boys make the team a better gelled unit. Then late additions of M. Clarke will have the cage pumping!! All they need now is to add in a Double Black despenser and it'll be the hottest ticket in town!

J-bags has that seat reserved Mr.
You be a damn fool is you think your sitting there!

Reply #72110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep dreaming.

Reply #72121 | Report this post

pres  
Years ago

j bags....great to see you back, and i look forward to you and your boys renewing your membership pass this year......double blacks on the house....

Reply #72139 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Just a small hiccup tonight. Good signs for the boys in black... Shane Boal goin for 30 something. Lalic sprinting those lanes as if there is a souvlaki at the end of the court. DB showin his trademark white line fever. Hodges boys both playing very solid games. Alexander and Goodenough already playing with the heart that all Tigers boast. Once Gerlach and Clarke come back in, this bandwagon will be well and truly packed. Get on board now before its too late.

Reply #72245 | Report this post

cat no go  
Years ago

Yeah Jimmy your Tigers played the game of their lives and you still LOST ! To the team that you predicted to finish bottom. You must be a real Einstein or maybe you just have no idea.
I guess losing by 10 isnt as bad as losing by 40 like you did last year

Reply #72266 | Report this post

lol owned

Do you really think Boal will put up 30 every night? Gerlach isn't worth 30 pts to a team.

Reply #72269 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

ELG, You aren't worth that seat u sit on for 48 minutes a night.

Cat, game of our lives without our best player. Yep.

Reply #72299 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

ELG, Boal doesn't need to score 30+ a night.

When Snake gets back on court, he'll shoot 20+, and Boal just needs to score 10-15, something he did rather easily last night.

(8/12 3pts - 75% from 3pt land @ end of 3rd).

Reply #72336 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:42 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754