Anonymous
Years ago

10 day contracts, how much?

how much coin does everyone think luke will get for his 10 day contract?

Topic #6569 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

about the same amount Ben Fitz is offering for his over 35's team?

Reply #73908 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

You'd probably find out it would actually be a $XXX per game more than 'here is $50k for 10 days', but to answer your question, don't know.

Reply #73909 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Still looking, but found this which has some info I didn't know. I think he was getting US$24k in the NBDL - there was an article talking about how he was barely scraping by with day to day living costs, getting to games, trainings, etc. I swear I almost set up a PayPal donation button when I read about it. Anyway, that info I mentioned:

A 10-day contract is just that, a player contract which lasts ten days (or three games, whichever comes later). A team may sign a player to two 10-day contracts in one season (they may or may not be consecutive). After the second 10-day contract, the team can only retain the player by signing him for the remainder of the season. A team can't have more 10-day contracts than they have players on their Inactive List. Ten-day contracts are available to be used starting January 5 (or the first business day thereafter) each season.

Reply #73912 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I heard a rumour that Fitz charges people to grace the court and rub shoulders with him.

Remember it's a honour, not a privilege to play with the man.

Reply #73913 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Isn't a 1-year deal in the NBA something like $725,000 US a year? ($730,000 divided by 82 games is $8900)

Today was his 3rd or 4th game and I would only hazard a guess and say he might get something like $7000 - $9000 (only a guess) a game that would only be something like $25,000 - $35,000 for the week.

If he signed on for the remainder of the season it would be something like $150,000 - $200,000

Reply #73915 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Tha begs the question , what do NBA players have to fork out for during the year ?

Obviously air-travel is taken care of on 'the road' - but what would some of the associated costs be ?

Anyone?

Reply #73916 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

That begs the question , what do NBA players have to fork out for during the year ?

Obviously air-travel is taken care of on 'the road' - but what would some of the associated costs be ?

Anyone?

Reply #73917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Joe M. There are players in at the end of rosters that earn as little as $389 K us

Reply #73918 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Skyhook,

My understanding from reading different books about the NBA is that everything is taken care of. They get a meal allowance; they get 5 star hotels, a laundry service, and a tour bus to and from the hotel and stadiums (on road games).

When they are in there own city they get a valet car service to have their car ready and warmed up at the airport in the cold cities, brand new everything (shoes, socks, uniforms, sweatbands, drink bottles)

Reply #73920 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That sounds like Ben Fitz's life, but with a larger bathroom.

Reply #73921 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure that NBA players get more freebies than that

- Lap dances
- Free clothing (especially after the new dress rules)
- Lap dances
- Cars
- Lap dances
- Meal Allowance
- Lap dances
- Per Diems
- Lap dances

And if your AK47 he gets to spent one night with any chic he wants. Permission was granted by his wife

Reply #73929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it was 35 thou

Reply #73941 | Report this post

nba.nba  
Years ago

The minimum salary in the NBA is approximately US$375,000 per year, but that is for anyone that has only played in the league for about 7 or less years, I think. After that, they are considered veterans, and the veteran minimum is condsiderably higher than that. (More than twice that!)

As far as what they have to pay for on the road, they pay for NOTHING. Absolutely everything is paid for by their team or the league (not sure about the lap dances, etc...).

And I don't know much about the 10-day contract payments....sorry.

Reply #73951 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

isaac, give yourself a basketball for that comment on ben fitz's bathroom. you deserve it. go on.

Reply #73969 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

He will earn "a pro rated amount based on the rookie minimum salary ($398,762)."

Hmm, most sites are unspecific on what this means. If it is divided by 82, then it equals approx $4K per game.

But, taking into account the team may make finals and also preseason, it may be a weekly wage or something based on the whole year.
In that case, it would be even less than $4K per game, closer to $2K per game.

Still better than the crappy NBDL wage...

Reply #73975 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:15 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754