Moses Guthrie
Years ago

It's on: Marbury v Brown

Admittedly, this is borrowed from Yaysports NBA and the Cavalier, but it's worth a look. This has taken a turn for the worse, or perhaps a turn for the absolutely funny.

Quotes from a Knicks shootaround (by an ESPN reporter):

Marbury on Brown:
"I think it's personal now," Marbury said. "I don't think it's about basketball anymore. Now it's to the point where he's putting his 30-year career against my 10-year career. You know, coach is a great coach is what everyone says. We're supposed to be better than what we are. Did it happen now? No."

Brown on Marbury:
"So, you're the best guard in the league and the team is 17-45, yeah, it's the coach's fault."

Marbury again:
"If coach is comparing his career to my career, he's got like a 20-year edge on me. To me that sounds like a lot of insecurity is going on.

More Brown:
"I don't know why you play a team sport and not be concerned about making your teammates better and helping your team win games. That's the only thing that really matters, and if you're the best player, surely you're going to have some effect on the game's outcome."

Topic #6606 | Report this topic

52-Cans  
Years ago

Larry Brown is an overrated coach, always feudes with his star players, just look at him and AI for example back in Philly!

Reply #74270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well now come on cans AI and Marbury are players with Big ego's Brown Just expects the same for all his Players Basically marbury needs to wake up to himself like AI did and move on

Reply #74291 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I thought this picture summed the situation up well.

Reply #74296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think larry brown has an ego problem of his own, and his coaching is overated, outside of the NBA all coaches focus on defense and rebounding. its all isiah thomas' fault he trades for underperforming talents and wonders why his talents underperform

Reply #74300 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

52-Cans...because AI never had problems with any other coach (or teammate for that matter) before or since Larry Brown.

Reply #74311 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

OK, I'll admit it. One of the guys in this picture isn't real. What's sad is that the poses on the other two are legit.

This is gonna get worse before it get's better. We're talking PJ v Sprewell material.

Reply #74922 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

And now it gets better: Steve Francis is getting the LB treatment. I can't wait to see two players strangle the life out of LB. Francis got only 11 minutes in his return match to Orlando and the Knicks got smacked 111-87 (by the Magic!).

Reply #75088 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Got thrashed by Orlando who started Milicic and hadn't had much success recently. Gee, New York suck huh?

Reply #75105 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Marubry, Francis and Larry Brown aren't to blame... It's Isiah! He is the worst GM EVER!!

Reply #75149 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

C'mon everyone - buy your t-shirts at:

http://www.jailisiah.com/

Reply #75240 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Moses your pics over the last few days have been gold......

and as for the one of Condsaleeza Rice on another thread she must be a knicks fan!

Reply #75254 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Thanks Statman, but I can't take credit for them. There's some clever NBA blogs out there.

Reply #75312 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

I think the next target for the Knicks would be Latrell Spreewell...

Reply #75342 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Mar, oops, Starbury's back to his old tricks. Brown gets taken to hospital during a game for precautionary checks on a stomach complaint, and Marbury gets quoted with (from the NY Daily News):

"Like I said he came here, I'm willing and able, 100% committed to do whatever he wanted me to do," Marbury added. "I did it. It didn't work. So I'm going to play like I know how to play."

"He doesn't have to worry," Marbury said. "I'm going to do everything that I did before he came here."

"I'm going to say it again. I played like Stephon Marbury this year. And next year I'm going to play like Starbury."

Champagne theatre. And Francis hasn't even commented yet. And Starbury has said to stay tuned for his farewell address next week. And Nate Robinson goes off for 30-odd with LB in hospital.

Someone really needs to make a movie out of this!

Reply #78101 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Hahahaha Moses, that's gold. Give Spike Lee a call, I'm sure he's still in love with the Knicks and would love to make a movie out of them!

Reply #78122 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

And now 52-Cans, it's time for the Ballad of Isiah (this is pure gold):

Click here.

Reply #78126 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754