what the
Years ago

mascots - life at the top !

this humoured me - mascot tryouts!

In case you think that putting a basketball team on the court is all about basketball, we had mascot tryouts last week over at the UIC Pavilion. We had help from Dave Raymond, the Phillie Fanatic, who is now a mascot consultant and it turned out to be a lot of fun. (Great coverage in the Trib's RedEye, too.) We had our three finalists come in to strut their stuff while Dave yelled out emotions they had to play to, changed the music they were dancing to, and threw out props for improv. This was a far cry from the time I did this in the CBA when we attracted candidates who had better not quit the day job. And I enjoyed getting to dance to Cotton-Eyed Joe with big furry animals.

what was homer simpsons mascot "capital city goofball?"

Topic #6691 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

No Homer was "Dancin' Homer" he was brought in to give the Capital City Goofball a break in the 7th Innings.

Reply #75098 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:44 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754