380 is cool
Years ago

Memo to the Sixer marketing department

Memo to the Sixer marketing department:

I propose that you should expand the Navy Seals from the 8 to 12 guys who are currently officially Adelaide 36ers Navy Seals to anywhere between 200 400 or as many as 1000 1500 if interest was to grow. Have the Navy Seals as the official supporter group of the Adelaide 36ers and have them all sit together, why not expand the group and have an official subsection of the membership. Designed it like a would for a junior membership or kids club (like how the Crows have a Captain clubs or a gold, sliver and bronze section of the membership package) but specific for navy Seals want to be. Make it for anyone who wants to be a part of the navy seals and have then all sit together (same thing as Perth did with the Uni Loonies) and have then all sit in a section at the end the players run out at, only thing you may want to look at is only having it for supporters over 16 year of age (as parents may not want to sit in that environment) make it known that the navy Seals will be making as much noise as they can, and will all be wearing the sixers stuff (like college sports) Offer a section of the Sixer membership to anyone over 16 year of age to become an official member of the navy seals.

Have a section of the 2006/07 Adelaide 36ers membership package that is attributed to the Navy Seals (like how the AFC have a captain clubs or a gold, sliver and bronze section of the membership package) the Adelaide 36ers could have a adult section called the chairman's clubs (Adults) and academy (students) and the Navy Seals (membership for any males or females age 16+) can join and they can all sit together and then you can expand have a Navy Seals away trip to boo the kings in Sydney or the Tiger (and Jake at the Dragons)

Topic #6699 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you imagine having 200 people dancing at halftime??

Reply #75162 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

There is currently the cheersquad who sit at the opposite end to the seals. Im not 100% sure how to get involved in that but I think thats more like what you are talking about.
You have to remember that as well as the occasional dance routine the seals also helped out with other game night activities and handing out prizes, chocolates etc. They also played ball with kids outside before the game. I dont beleive you can manage 200 - 400 (or 1500)people to do that sorta thing.
To the best of my knowledge at this stage the sixers plan to run the seals again next season similar to how it was run this year, except their duties may be expanded some what more.
I beleive they plan to Audition again around July and would proably be looking for about 10 guys.
I hope Im lucky enough to be involved again.

Reply #75164 | Report this post

380 is cool  
Years ago

Not dancing, I think you missed the point.

Reply #75165 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

The Seals attempted to play ball outside the Dome.

Reply #75190 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

hey doc r.i.p to the posse

Reply #75202 | Report this post

$talks  
Years ago

Any truth to the rumour that the Navy Seals have just got a new posting - on the Submarine "HMAS Adelaide 36ers".

Reply #75209 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Must be a bloody big Sub

LOL

Reply #75348 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:07 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754