KingJames
Years ago

Timeout, Time In Rule

When a team calls timeout are they allowed to immediately call time in or is there no such rule like this? I remember a while ago a team could do this so that they could sub players in however im not sure if its a legitimate rule.

Topic #6817 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

Now you must wait for the 10 second call from the ref. In other words you must take the full minute. I am pretty sure that is the rule.

Reply #76270 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Yes, I believe the rule is you must take the full minute, though I'm pretty sure that was not always the case?

Reply #76274 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

It used to be that a time out had to be a full 60 seconds, at one point, FIBA changed the rule to the team calling the time out could end it prematurely, before 60 seconds.

Not sure if that's been changed back again though....

Reply #76283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

teams used to be able to call time out get there sub in and then call time in.

that went out with the ark or at least 5 years ago.

as you can virtually sub on any given situation there is no need for that.

teams have to take the entire minute they can not wander back after 15 seconds if that is all the coach takes to blast his players.

Reply #76294 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:38 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754