bballer
Years ago

Maher to play for Sturt after easter...

Article in Advertiser today stating that Brett Maher will be back playing for Sturt after easter..Any straight away come back was put back on the shelf with a comment from Brett "I havent touched a ball in a month"
Should be interesting to see how he goes, and will be good to see him back playing

Topic #6830 | Report this topic

the ORACLE  
Years ago

woah .....

sturts chances have just cranked 500%

will be a perimiter invasion when you play sturt!

Reply #76464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha so true 'the oracle' so true

Reply #76479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if that happens, two words come to mind.......LIGHTS OUT!

Reply #76590 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Who do you guys think would be best match-up for him at each team ?

I cant think of anyone in the ABA that will keep him below 20 points if he wants to shoot it . Thats not to mention the damage he will do passing the ball to open teammates.

Would Wilson get him at Woodville ?

Phillips at West - or Bell for a laugh ;)

Reply #76616 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Wilson would probably take him for Woodville, but I think their only chance of stopping Maher would be for Reesy to line him up for a mid-court screen.

In short, no, there's probably no one that I think could contain Brett at ABL level. In fact, there are still very few that can at NBL level.

Reply #76622 | Report this post

hobbit  
Years ago

Good point Hoop Addict! Probably not worth discussing unless you had defenders like D-Mac and Darnell to throw at him in the ABA each week!

Reply #76625 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Going by last season when he suited against South, he doesn't really seem to put his foot down in the ABA, just maintains his fitness, goes for the win, etc.

Reply #76626 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Yeah, hard to imagine him knocking down 40 unless the situation really warrants it. Anyone know if he's intending on playing the entire season? If so, you couldn't imagine anyone topping Sturt come finals time.

Will be intersting to see how player/coach Bauer manages Brett's (and his own) court time.

Reply #76628 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754