Harsh
Years ago

State Champs - why no div 3?

I am just wondering with state champs why Div 3's arn't allowed to play and only Div 1's and 2's can?

Can someone tell me?

Topic #6847 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Coz div 3s are crap!

Reply #76550 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

I came on to see wat this was about and Dr. Bullshit's little comment is a loud of crap. Div 3's are just as good.

1 2 3 there are all just numbers they don't mean anything well yeah they do seperate players for there abiltity.

Div 3's deserve a chance just like div 2's.

I am in Div 3 in under 16's and ppl say div 2 is ruff come and paly div 3 its just as ruff.

Or what i'm sorry from a coment i heard div 3 is just a social comp silly me .

Reply #76553 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Another armchair expert!!

Reply #76554 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

righty oh

Reply #76556 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

Dr. Bullshit u need a reality cheack if u think div 3's are crap. The Div 3s under 16 at southern are doing better than div 2

Reply #76557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

State Champs are for the elite teams. If we were to allow div three then why not div 4 or div 5. State champs are about finding out which club has the top elite teams. Harsh truth.

Reply #76568 | Report this post

odin  
Years ago

Anon why are the div 2's in it, if its elite, why let the second string play at all.

Further to the orginal quest why were div 3's in it last year ?

In reality I think its just what sounds good at the time.

cheers,

Reply #76571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there not there this year cos there arnt enough refs ...... Too many games last year and too few refs.

Reply #76572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last year due to the number of double teams in div 2 that played div 3 some teams complained about being smashed.

If you are in div 3 and want to play in the reserves comp then ask your club to nominate you. Each club can nominate 3 teams and reserves will be a 16 team tournament.

And Div 2's are played due to this grade probably having a number of bottom age elite level players who will be in div 1 next year.

Reply #76573 | Report this post

tigergirl  
Years ago

i agree with odin why let div 2 plays there only playing because if a club keeps getting smash then the reserves can try and make them look better.

Reply #76658 | Report this post

uncle arthur  
Years ago

there is room for 16 teams per grade in reserves this year - ideally the top div 3 teams will nominate

this will ease the mismatch of second div 2 teams playing bottom div 3 teams

recently over summer a second div 2 team won a GF (North u16G) noew you would have them playing v Div 3 teams - the only thing learnt from that is it should not happen - it sounds like a good format this year - let's give it a go and see what happens - THEn reassess it and who knows!

Reply #76739 | Report this post

uncle arthur  
Years ago

most clubs run a div 1 / 2 squad for their "elite" so that is why reserves are included

Reply #76741 | Report this post

Misty  
Years ago

There are other competitions for div 3 and under. While I don't agree with Dr Bullshit's way of wording his comment, it is true. The standard is higher and most 3's would not make it.
Any 3 teams in the competition would be put up against 2's and probably lose all their games. Better to have them go into a competition best suited to their abilities, like the Mildura or Nunawading tournaments.
As for tigergirls comment, I find it interesting that a 3's team is better than a 2. What's going on there?

Reply #77444 | Report this post

Ian  
Years ago

Oh well why don't we open it for all Div's then they would last for 5 weeks and not just 2.And after the 5 divs we could have a school state champs and then a social state champs, then you would have players missing game time for 6-7 weeks not just 2 Wake up you cant have it all your own way.

Reply #81447 | Report this post

Black and White  
Years ago

Baskerball SA will be running a new tournament later this year the "Adelaide Challenge", a good oportunity for the lower divs to compete

Reply #81470 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:41 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754