j bags
Years ago

ABA this weekend?

Can anyone enlighten me....on games this weekend?

I know southern are at home to the Hobo-less Woodville but thats about all that I know.

Please, young grasshopper to be showing me the schedule would be of a greater assistance to my journey.

Topic #6875 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you go to sporting pulse j bags, its all there.

Reply #76867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fixture for Round 6 Round Summary Scores TIME HOME TEAM AWAY TEAM VENUE
8:15 PM
Sat 8/Apr North Adelaide Rockets vs Central District Lions Hillcrest " Detailed Results
" Comments
Sat 8/Apr South Adelaide Panthers vs Eastern Mavericks Marion " Detailed Results
" Comments
Sat 8/Apr Norwood Flames vs Forestville Eagles Mars " Detailed Results
" Comments
Sat 8/Apr Southern Tigers vs Woodville Warriors Morphett Vale " Detailed Results
" Comments
Sat 8/Apr Sturt Sabres vs West Adelaide Bearcats Pasadena SC " Detailed Results
" Comments

Match of the Round Norwood vs Eagles!

Will it be the battle of the Guards or the Clash of the Bigs that decides this one?? Sure should be an awesome game!

Reply #76910 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Norwood will be without Cooper.

Reply #76940 | Report this post

Timmy D sucks!!  
Years ago

give it up j bags with the hobo cracks. if u knew anything u would no he isn't playing any more due to personal reasons. get a life you loser!

Reply #76954 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Timmy D,
Can you please explain how you are better qualified to comment on why Luke Hoban isn't playing for the Warriors?

Reply #76959 | Report this post

Timmy D sucks!!  
Years ago

because i have heard for one of the team members that for reasons other than his playing performance he has given it away. otherwise form my understanding he would still be in the team

Reply #76968 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Hey there Timmy D sucks!!, I'm sure if Bagsy did know the reason why Hobo's not playing he wouldn't be sticking it to him.

Who's gonna win the Southern- Woodville clashes??? I havent been following the men that much so far!

Reply #76971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville in both. Southern loose these and its all over for the season.

Reply #76979 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

hahahaha Southern lose I think so!!!

Reply #76989 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

If Hobo doesn't like the comments I'm sure a press release would quell all the rumours, and then we can all get on with things. I would like to findout the reason why he isn't playing, so it would be a welcome addition to this thread.

I just find it extrememly amusing that a player with huge potential has slid so far, and then to resurect his career moves to a differnt club, probly promised the world but delivered nothing & then (according to well informed sources) gets the Axe (or if i'm wrong...quit).

Makes perfect sence to me.

I'll bag whom I want when I want. As my name suggests!

Reply #77048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would think that after last weeks pathetic performance you would be bagging your own team rather than other players..Does Billy still have that spring in his step as mentioned in other posts. What a disgrace.

Reply #77052 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

a very good source also told me that hobo gave the same excuse, 'personal reasons', when he left the tigers, he was then with woodville a couple of weeks later!! something smells a little fishy..... i suppose an old saying applies in this situation, when the going gets tough....hobo quits!!

Reply #77063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

give it up you sooks.

A good mate of mine said Joel gave that same excuse for leaving easterm.

Yet, you accepted him, while at the same time bagging hobo.

i suppose an old saying applies in this situation, rome wasn't built in a day... (think about it)

Anyway, my pick for game of the round is the f/ville v norwood match-up. I think its a real litnus test to see if norwood are (this season) the real deal. My tip, norwood by 1 (an Eley 3 on the buzzer over dix and sutton).

Reply #77071 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

litnus? Isn't he the kid with the baby rug who sucks his thumb in Peanuts/Snoopy cartoons?

"litmus" maybe? :)

At the Tiger Cage, Southern will beat Woodville in both games.

Reply #77097 | Report this post

i can confirm hoban left because his work was clashing with his basketball... now you can all stop bagging him...

Reply #77104 | Report this post

p.s Woodville for the win this weekend!!!!

Reply #77105 | Report this post

C:Dos/Run  
Years ago

Southern in the women

Woodville in the men

Reply #77107 | Report this post

Heart muscle  
Years ago

ELG, I'm sure his "new work role" was well in before he played for Woodville, I think his game v South and others was the catalyst for KB to make the decision easier for him - work ha that is some comedy!

Reply #77131 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Hahahahahah!!!!!!!!! you guys are all very funny.......

Anon...Rome wasn't built in a day....
I've thought about it..and I got nothing. What is the meaning behind that comment? (Seriously, it isn't mocking. I would like to know)

Anon2. Everone has a bad game. Do you remember the eastern v southern game when my boys came back from 30 down? I still had them down for the win until the final quarter.

First I hear that Hobo is cut, and I roll around on the floor laughing. and then I picked myself up and re-read the SMS, and then I fell over again. Then I read that he had other "issues" and thought "i might have been harsh."
but now if he has "work commitments" then that is even more funny, and if KB just said..see-ya..that is going to give me a stroke, and I might go into a Seizure.

Lets all just say that if it is hard the easiest thing is to bail?

You shouldn't drink out of goon bag at this time of the afternoon.

Reply #77180 | Report this post

No bags  
Years ago

My 2 cents - I'm fairly certain j bags knows Hobo well enough to comment and I agree - this guy was being mentioned in the Sixers fringe circles just 15 months ago after a dominant ABA Summer season and tearing up the Academy for a while.

In the space of 3 months after being thrust into a captains role in Tigerland he melted like a chocolate eclair left in the sun and then rewarded the club by leaving them for the fags with a W on their bums.

Obviously after 3 weeks he has retorn his heartilage and is off in the hoops wilderness selling houses to the needy with seasons worth of bricks that he built.

Dissapointing for all concerned really - but a man who travels from place to place without a home in the end is called a ...

Hobo

Reply #77198 | Report this post

Career Moves...  
Years ago

Quote"In the space of 3 months after being thrust into a captains role in Tigerland he melted like a chocolate eclair left in the sun and then rewarded the club by leaving them for the fags with a W on their bums.

Obviously after 3 weeks he has retorn his heartilage and is off in the hoops wilderness selling houses to the needy with seasons worth of bricks that he built.

Dissapointing for all concerned really - but a man who travels from place to place without a home in the end is called a ...

Hobo "

Classic ! Worthy of a Bball icon in my eyes.

**Note.. Hobo was a great guy and friend to many, then he decided to become a recluse and refused to take calls from his mates both on and off the court. All in all a great shame...

Reply #77209 | Report this post

Baller  
Years ago

Dont know hobo personally, but it is pretty ordinary when any player is subjected to this type of critisism, plenty of players out there with issues to deal with, re form pr personal, why attack them on a public forum when any reply from them would only escalate the siuation.
Focus on some of the many positives that are happening in what is a very good abl comp.

Reply #77221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

j bags

Rome wasn't built in a day...

Ron Burgundy - Anchorman. Watch that and you'll understand.

Reply #77234 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Back on track I think. My picks for the this week are.
women:
North
Forestville
West
Eastern
Southern
men:
Centrals
Forestville
Sturt
Eastern
Woodville

Reply #77238 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

NO Bags:....that was great! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Anon:... Anchorman; seen it, loved it. forgot that line. Good work.

Baller:... The ABA is a great league, and there are many positive things that the league does in teh community. unfortunately the situation that we are commenting isn't in church league, and sometimes there isn't a positive spin that you can put on these things.

So with this in mind this is my list of Asses:
(_*_) TIght ass
(_$_) rich ass.
(_(_)...(_)_)...(_(_) shakin that ass
(_w_) woodville player
(_36er_) Sturt player
(____Burgers____) N. Hambour

Great win to the Tigers! Good work boys. Shame about the no show of a bench playing oppostition centre.

Reply #77421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

funny stuff bags, wish you were there to see the game, although the place was rocking and you would've needed your loudest heckling voice

Reply #77432 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Lads were in fine form.

Reply #77539 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:52 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754