cavolo
Years ago

Rolan Roberts... leaving Kings, may suit Sixers?

Just read online that there is a pay dispute between the Kings and Roberts and an element of that is that they want him to sign a release form which means he has to leave the country due to his visa conditions.

He said he doesn't want to do that at all as he wants to stay in Australia and play for another team - if the Sixers know, then he would be a great power forward option to go for, we all know what he can do.

BTW - I didn't know this (maybe you all do), but he was released from the last year of his contract sometime back due to his own desire.

Here's the address:
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,18948794%255E23769,00.html

Topic #7110 | Report this topic

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

and here

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18948794-23769,00.html

(was going to post a topic something like: Sixers - not the only club with issues), but you beat me to it cavolo

Reply #79688 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I think he or some like Brennan would be perfect for that PF spot. Both could also move into the centre spot if either Coops or Wheeler had any injury or foul trouble.

Reply #79691 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Apologies for the lack of encouragement in my post, I should have asked a few questions like this to elicit some discussion:

Would Roberts be a good fit for the Sixers?

Does he play too 'emotionally' and a bit out of control at times?

Would he fit into our offense?

What do fans think about him overall and how he would go if we were able to sign him - would we have the $$$ and points?

Reply #79692 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

awesome... wonder how he feels about coming to Adelaide?

Someone try to contact him to checkout this forum and he will se that we would love to have him here which we would and maybe he might consider coming here?

Reply #79693 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i don't think points is a problem, money might be cause Phil doesn't pay his players too much $ and the Sixers don't negotiate well. He would be a problem with his emotion but would work great with Farley. They would be an awesome pair. Fans would love him to become a Sixer.

Reply #79694 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I'd be disappointed if we signed Roberts. I think the other players that have been mentioned would be better. And even if we can't get them I'd like to think we could find someone new that's better than Rolan. He's ok but nothing special.

In our situation I think we need to take a chance on someone who could be special.

Reply #79698 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i kind of agree with you Doctor E

what's the worst import Adelaide has ever had?

Charles Thomas must be one of them...

Reply #79700 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Charles Thomas was far from our worst import. There are other threads already around on that topic if you want to read/post in those.

Reply #79704 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

he was still bad

Reply #79705 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

Try the likes of Orlando Phillips or Jo Jo English....then you're getting closer to the mark.

We haven't had too many duds over the past 10 years or so.

Reply #79706 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I vote for Jeff Brown, but it's covered here : http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/2498/

Anyhow - I agree with Doctor E. Gives us an unknown, take a chance of a guy who could be a star, rather than going for a solid guy, with a predictable output.

Let's face it, a Rolan Roberts or Bobby Brannen might make us a reasonable side, but certainly wouldn't have us competing for a title.

Plus, after losing some well-liked known quantities this season, I think it'd be a good PR move to get in an exciting new player.

Reply #79707 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Doctor E post (#79698). "Anyone who could be special" won't be playing in Australia. They would be in the NBA or Europe. Roland is a blue collar worker who nows his limitations. I would love to see this starting five.

C Wheeler
PF Roberts
Farley
Maher
Hill
In tight situations Id have Maher bringing the ball up and other times Id have hill bring it up.

Reply #79710 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

TK - Would you consider a Chris Williams "special"? I probably would. Along with Kevin Freeman, Brian Wethers etc. Those guys are a class above the hard working Brannen, Roberts, Calvary etc.

I think they're the type of guys the 6ers should be targetting. A youngish import looking to make his mark. Even if it's just for 1 year, since it seems this roster is being assembled for the short-term anyhow.

Reply #79715 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

maher is should bring up the always because he is a good leader and will direct the team well he know what to do and isn't selfish. Maher can shoot better than Hill as well.

Reply #79719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How old are you Sixers33 ??

Reply #79721 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i'll repeat it better-

maher should bring up the ball because he is a good leader and can direct the team well. He also less selfish than Hill and can shoot better.

That's better.

I think i was rushing the other post.

Reply #79722 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

oh, and i'm 2 years old

Reply #79723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixer33

You type good English (sic), and your logic to recruiting a player is very profound to say the least.

Reply #79726 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

LOL . A new Bizzy ?

Reply #79729 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

How do the 36ers go about this if they are interested in him. Officially they can't talk to him because he is a contracted player, however as soon as he is uncontracted he has to leave the country. Do the sixers ring the Queens and ask permission to approach him?

It would be worth a shot, he is a monster in the paint, there aren't too many NBL players that can out muscle him.

Reply #79733 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I can say this here, 'cos it's a Sixer forum, but RR has amazed me how he can only hit freethrows in the finals. Is that another Goorj smokescreen?
BTW, lick my duh knob Southern Joe, you little snitch'n troll (sorry, in-house OzHoops joke). Just testing Zac. ;)

Reply #79734 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rolan Roberts might be a cut below a Chris Williams, but he's a known quantity and he's available.

Nick Horvath got picked up to play in NZ as an import so it will be interesting to see how he does post-injury.

DDFan, Southern Joe doesn't read Hoops SA so you might be wasting your energy!

Reply #79735 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

sixer33 and barney from ozhoops need to meet cause man i swear they are long lost twins seperated at birth

Reply #79746 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

who is this barney? what is he like?

Reply #79750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is the sydney kings version of you..

Reply #79751 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

You know Barney. Big purple guy, obvious illicit substance abuse problem. Likes little kids. I'm sure you've seen him on TV

Reply #79760 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Zac, Sid rides my pulse, he lurks. He only went quiet here because I went missing. Relax. ;)

Reply #79761 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i'm offended

Reply #79769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what by??

Reply #79771 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

My dogs called Barney.

Reply #79772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does it post on ozhoops ? ;-)

Reply #79774 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

even his responses to the barney reference make him sound like barney

Reply #79777 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

damn

Reply #79785 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

pmsl

Reply #79802 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

?

Reply #79807 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I believe Thomo is peeing himself with Laughter

Reply #79810 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

right on skip

Reply #79815 | Report this post

someone  
Years ago

written in a recent report about the whole thing says that part of the reason he wants to leave is because "the other colored guy is gone" (CJ) (in his own words) how is that not racist? if this was a white guy complaining the other white guy has left people would be up in arms.... (Mod : Edited - no need for that. You made your point.)

Reply #79818 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

wheres a mod when you need one?

Reply #79824 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Agreed Yogee, but if it's true, it does paint him in an interesting light. I wonder if Ernie Dingo's interested in an NBL gig.

PS. I wonder how bright the guy is anyway. Didn't he hurt his shoulder earlier, and then try the final dunk that KO'd his season?

Reply #79832 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

yep. But Goojian made hime do it. Roberts didn't want to.

Reply #79848 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

you are barney

Reply #79864 | Report this post

menow  
Years ago

Roberts would not go that far south unless u could chnage the climate for him.. or the money was right. He has two kids to support.... It about the moola and the weather. Is his sholder right? wouldn't he be in europe right now if it was? He wont sign with sixers and they shouldn't take him.

Reply #80461 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Evan though noone in the league can run with him in the power stakes, he certainly sounds a little too volatile for my liking. Smyth is usually fairly astute. While he often picks guys that didn't get along elsewhere, he usually steers well away from the head cases.

Reply #80475 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

*Even*

Reply #80476 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:03 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754