skip
Years ago

New Basketball Movie/Doco

THE HEART OF THE GAME captures the passion and energy of a Seattle high school girls' basketball team, the eccentricity of their unorthodox coach, and the incredible true story of one player's fight to play the game she loves.

I cant think of a movie before that focuses on Womens basketball. It took seven years to make.
Looking forward to it however at this stage there is no release date for Australia so it may be a straight to video release here.

Topic #7251 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is a movie dedicated women's basketball Double Teamed it is about the Burge twins.

http://www.gballmag.com/cc-burges.html

Sounds like it might be good though, i love any basketball movie (well most).

Reply #81487 | Report this post

old timer  
Years ago

I've got a dvd called 'Double Teamed'.......ain't basketball though! ;)

Reply #81493 | Report this post

Flash  
Years ago

i dont know why you would want to buy a DVD of womens basketball uless it was so you could skip the boring bits (the games)

"basketball against women, AUSTRALIA SAYS NO"

Reply #81513 | Report this post

IzzyT  
Years ago

You want fundamentals & strategics watch the women, it's the only place you will get it! They KNOW how to play.

You want Hotdogging Hooping, see the men ego's & hormones!

Tell me on all of the movies released on basketball are any of them based on highlight reel dunking machines? The guys rolling in their limos' with some hoochie in the ride?

NO! All the movies are based on the guys that work hard, guys that know there is no *I* in team!

Pistol Pete, Coach Carter, Blue Chips, Hoop Dreams... Yadayadayada! The classics are of the classics!
They may not be the Kobe's or the Iverson's but they are BALL PLAYERS.
Most don't even go PRO - They RESPECT!

Reply #81549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Attn: Flash. I assume you're single then?

Reply #81945 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:54 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754