Thomo
Years ago

All quiet on the Sixers Front,

Well i thought id start this topic to see what people have been hearing wether truthfull or halfbaked tripe,

1, with the Bruton saying he wanted the sixers sale finalised or close to finalisation by the 30th of may, this is a couple weeks away so surely there must be some info floating around, whos in the front running etc.. im just interested to hear other ppls views of whats going to happen,
maybe we could even set up a betting ladder on it ,

2, import, well theres been some great names thrown about in conversations but all seems to be stalled, if any of the latest few are correct hell it will be and awesome pickup, i hope the latest rumour is true as he will be a markable upgrade

3, wheeler bashers, considering there were at a rate of 9/10 posters when he was signed, where are they now, or because hes lighting it up in Big V league people have backed off, sure its a risk but i think he was worth it,

4, Copeland, wtf has he been doing any updates ? this was not a good risk, hey hope im made to eat my words,

well that should start the truth/tripe rolling......

Topic #7265 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

im sorry should have put a name of the import ive heard bantered around,

Kevin Freeman,

now i dont know how factual it is that the sixers are looking at him but ive heard it from several good sources from this site,

Reply #81600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thomo : you sure wheelers worth $100k though/?

Reply #81602 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Thomo,

I believe they want it wrapped up by June 30th, not May 30th.

Reply #81606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm glad we have someone better than cooper for top 5

Reply #81616 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

james, the government said june 30th rick definetly said he wanted some sort of resolution by may 30th the give the new owners time to get things sorted,

and yes i think wheeler baring injury, is worth 100k, at least its a positive move in the bigman department, otherwise what would happen be stuck with rees again, no offence to the big fella but probably like most ageing stars when on for 1 to many years similar to what copeland is doing,

year off can do magic things but only a season will tell, but early form suggest he is going to be a good pickup, would we be complaining if it was dmac we picked up at 42 or is it because we just needed to vent some frustration at the time and any signing was never going to be good enough

Reply #81622 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I pretty much agree with you there in regards to Wheeler and Copeland. The 2nd Im also still not impressed with but hope I am sorely mistaken.

In regards to Imports. The one name that I keep hear pooping up is Bobby Brennan.

Reply #81635 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Nick Horvath, Chris Burgess anyone?

Reply #81657 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Horvath maybe, but can't see us competing with what Cairns would offer Burgess.

Reply #81674 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I'm happy with, & have never had a problem with the signings of either Wheels or Copes.
Wheels is a great guy & for that alone, I'm happy. But, he'll bring more with him than that. He's a hard worker, enjoys his stuff & promotes a team atmosphere.
Copes may not be the aerial acrobat that he used to be, but it was always his baseline work & 1st step that impressed me anyway. Copes has ALWAYS had his way AGAINST the Sixers, now it can work FOR us (or were you all drooling over Drewey?). He's said that he wants to play the Dmac role for us, & if that means he's prepared to come off of the bench & make others better, then it's a HUGE plus. No matter what any of you may think of him, Copes HAS to be defended, & THAT'S what we need.
For the Dmac knockers. Who do you think won the title for the Tigs last season? Anstey????

Reply #81711 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:49 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754