bully
Years ago

NBA finals

What do people still think about a San Antonio vs Detroit NBA finals series. Bdcause San Antonio are losing to Dallas 3-1 at this stage of the series and dont look like coming back.
Detroit at this stage are tied at 2-2 with Cleveland with Lebron and co. playing very good team basketball. Also in game 4 in the pistons-cavs series, big Rasheed went down early in the second quarter with an ankle injury but he did come back later in the game but did not have an impact.
So what are everyones thoughts on these series and who will make it to the big showdown?
My tip is actually the Cavs vs Dallas.

Topic #7285 | Report this topic

Jasmine  
Years ago

IF the Cavs beat the Pistons, would they beat the Heat?

Reply #81908 | Report this post

bully  
Years ago

Well Jasmine, Im my opionion i think that the cavs could beat the heat but it all depends on how Ilgauskas can play against haq but i think that all over the court the Cavs have advantages over the heat.

Reply #81912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lebron, oh yes witness we are.

Reply #81913 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

bully, are you serious.... The only match up that the Cavs win versus the Heat would be Lebron at the SF against Posey, Kapono and maybe Toine.

PG - Eric Snow/Flip Murray VS Jason Williams/GP

Heat in a landslide

SG: Wade/Derek Anderson VS Damon Jones/bit of Lebron

Going Heat on this one

SF: Posey/Kapono VS Lebron

Going the Cavs

PF: Haslem/Toine VS Gooden/Marshall

Tight one, but I'll go the Heat

C: Shaq/Zo/Doleac VS Big Z / Varejao

Heat again.... don't have to think about this one.

Heat have it positional on the court, just need to see it gel together to make it work. Wade may match-up on Lebron which would make it interesting. Posey is a decent defender who will make Lebron sweat for his 35 a night.

Reply #81922 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

Pistons V Cavs
IMO, the pistons, still with the home court advantage, will beat the Cavs in Game 7. Ilgauskas need to have more of an impact if the Cavs are to upset the pistons in this series, as does Gooden. Sheed needs to keep his mouth shut and let his basketball do the talking. Before the series, I thought Snow against Billups would be the defining factor but Snow is putting up some decent numbers. Either way, lebron cant do it on his own. And he has to shave that beard. Pistons cannot lose this series or they will lose a great opportunity to beat the very inexperienced Cavs.
Pistons in 7.

SAS v Dallas
My early tip before the playoffs was a pistons v spurs matchup but doesnt seem likely now. Stakehouse has been awesome in this series and Daniels has to be one of the quickest guys in the league coast-to-coast. Anyone catch the game on ESPN last Sunday? That guy flys down the court. Only flaw with Dallas is they need to give Dirk the ball on mismatches (then again, im no coach) but aside from that, Dallas is playing awesome for a team with one all-star. Duncan has clearly stepped up but Ginobili is hot and cold and Mohammed and Rasho are non-factors. Bowens not striking the 3 list past playoff games. Its about time they stopped him, he can only shoot from the corners. I hope Van Horn comes back soon. I think then, Dallas will hit their peak for the rest of the playoffs.
Dallas in 6.

Suns v Clips
Im surprised the Suns keep winning without a true centre. What a great signing Tim Thomas was. Its hard to pick a winner with so much talent on the Clips roster but I think the Suns will get through in 7 games. The Suns could play the game with 6 players and still win. I thought they would be tired by this point in the season but obviously not. I think they will get through but ultimately, lose to Dallas in the Western Conference finals.
Suns in 7

Miami v Nets
I thought nets would win the series given their start. The heat looked tired, slow and it looked like Shaq's promise of a championship would not be honoured. Surely, the heat cant lose from here. This is the best chance for the Heat to win a championship. Payton is 36, Shaq and Zo are getting slower. Unfortunately for the nets, they have no depth. Kidd, Carter and Jeffreson need to play a whole game or they have no chance. Krstic has improved and Collins is guarding Shaq well but Heat have to many offensive weapons for the Nets, given their lack of defense. E.g. Nets had 1 stl and 1 blk in game 4, compared with the heat's 8 & 4 respectively.
Heat in 5

For the finals, I think Dallas v Detroit, which would be an awesome matchup. Dallas' offense against Detroit's defense. I was dreading a boring spurs v pistons final. A new team in the finals will be good for the game and the dream debut for Avery Johnson as coach.

Reply #81927 | Report this post

ShutUp!  
Years ago

TR,

So far Cavs & Heat are 2/2 for the season, with Home team winning each game, so match ups may not be quite as much in Heat's favour as you might think.
Only problem is, I still don't think that Cavs can beat Detroit, they have shot poorly in both losses & that is unlikely to continue.
I'm more excited about the prospect of a Mavs v Clippers Western Conference Finals, between to perennial losing Franchises!

Reply #81930 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

DDDDDDDDDD MAAAAAAAVVVVSSSSS BAAAAAAAABBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #81943 | Report this post

Phoenix for the championship baby

Reply #81998 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

HA Pheonix winning the title ELG you deserve a little ball for that one. they will get dismantled buy this out of control juggernaut called the Dallas Mavericks.

if it is a Dallas Detroit GF I think it will be an interesting series as Dallas has picked up in D and Detroit is running more free flowing higher scoring offence.

and on pheonix what will Boris Diaw do if he faces Dampier and Diop come one he may have been the most improved but he is not in there superstar C league yet

Reply #82011 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, the Cavs and Heat woulddefinately would be a great match-up. Another thing in the Heat's favour would be playoff experience. There isn't much experience on the Cavs roster, and maybe the bigger stage of a Conference final would be too much.

I agree, the west is a mouth-watering match-up. A possible Mavs and Clips would be tight and could be anyone's.

Any takers on Dirk for Playoff MVP at the moment??

Reply #82039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cavs vs Mavs will sell more t-shirts.

Reply #82045 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

The Hamma - Dampier and Diop superstars??? I think thats a bit of an exageration!

Just going on this years stats Boris Diaw's efficiency rating is better than the efficiency rating of Dampier and Diop COMBINED!

In saying that I still see the Pistons being able to grind out wins when its really needed!

Reply #82051 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

Statman as some people may or may not know I am a Mavericks boy and I surely know that Dampier and Diop are duds its a joke with me and ELG who is a Boris fan

Reply #82090 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

also adding Dirk for Finals MVP

Reply #82091 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

No worries Hamma - my bad - I thought you must have been exceedingly one eyed!

and Im hoping your wrong with the MVP prediction.....anyone but the Mavs pleease! :)

Reply #82104 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754