Bill Gates
Years ago

NH: Mundine Vs Green

Who does everyone think is going to win??

Personally I hope its Green by KO

Topic #7293 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know what pubs etc might be televising it?

Reply #82068 | Report this post

Patrick Johnston  
Years ago

Me to Bill.

BUT the worry is Mundine could open his mouth just when Danny is going to belt him on the chin, and therefore could lose his arm.

Green in 5.

Go you good thing!!

Reply #82069 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

James Pennington will beat them both up.

Reply #82072 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

James Pennington will beat them both up.

Reply #82073 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Green to smash the "mouth" around for 7 rounds - then KO

Green will then go on to take on the German world champ comtenders.

Reply #82074 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I believe that Channel Eddie are doing some live crosses/feeds but not the whole match.

Reply #82075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To make it more interesting
the rematch will be in a mine shaft 900metres down.

because you make more money if you have been underground these days than if 30,00 people buy tickets to your fight.

Reply #82081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

30,000 people

Reply #82082 | Report this post

Patrick Johnston  
Years ago

Not sure where else, but for those who live in Gods own country its on at the Watermark at Glenelg.

Reply #82094 | Report this post

TH.  
Years ago

does anyone know what time the REAL fight starts...? Mundine Vs Green

Reply #82110 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Is anyone actually tipping Mundine? I think he's too good of a fighter to completely write him off.

Reply #82112 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Im on Mundine in 9 rounds.

Reply #82115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

green in 7 rounds!!

Reply #82135 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

has this started yet?

Reply #82137 | Report this post

chik  
Years ago

Yes and finished as well...Mundine won....im still upset over it

Reply #82144 | Report this post

Years ago

I was at the Bridgewater Inn, which was packed, and I was probably the only Mundine supporter there. Go Anthony, you're a champ!

Reply #82148 | Report this post

Years ago

Awesome display by ex-league player John Hopoate in his pro debut earlier in the night as well. Got the knockout in 47 seconds, despite being about 12kg lighter than his opponent!

Reply #82149 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Was I the only one that tipped Mundine then?

Reply #82156 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The Hoppa fight was a disgrace, how unfit was his opponent. My bet is they went down the wharf's and pull the guy out of a shipping container.

Put Hoppa against a real fighter and then well see what happens. Apparently Hoppa's opponent said that he wasn't scared cause they both had gloves on.....Didn't stop him for getting knocked the *&@( out. I guess the gloves keeps the fingers from going places they shouldn't.

The actual fight was an awesome display of boxing. Sorry but Mundine annihilated Green. Mundine was just to fast and tagged Green with that right jab heaps of times. Still a great fight, and the better fighter did win.

Did anyone see that clown in one of the undercards with the green VB beanie and VB painted on his oversive gut??? Tool of the night.

Reply #82157 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Hoppa punched his opponent in the ring!

Reply #82164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopoate gave the best quote of all time when interviewed by Matt Campbell. He said he didn't think he would receive 12 weeks for getting in the ring this time!!

Reply #82213 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Not the only one skip!

Anthony Mundine is Australia's Ali..no, no..not as good..but certainly as entertaining, it remains to be seen if the racist sections of the australian public and media can get past his religious beliefs and support a true champion.

By the way skip..big question is..did you back him at $3.65 as i did..hehehe drinks are on me..thanks Anthony.

Reply #82219 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

"Anthony Mundine is Australia's Ali..no, no..not as good..but certainly as entertaining"

This is blasphemy!

He is not Australia's Muhammad Ali! He is not as entertaining as Ali. Ali could rhyme and rap with the best of them, right off the bat.

"Float like a butterfly, Sting like a Bee. George can't hit what his eyes can't see. I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

Mundine WISHES that he was as good as Ali, both in the ring and on the mike!

Reply #82226 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

"I'ma float like a butterfly, sting like a bee...George can't hit what his hands can't see...Now u see me now u don't, you think you will but i know you won't...I'ma prove to the world that im the fastest, the prettiest, the most scientific, the greatest of all time....I am the greatest!"

Reply #82231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I donrt know i think people have lost or forgotten that before a boxing match the players are supposed to intimidate their opponents like Mundine by running his mouth how he was gonna break Green the machine. But Green kept quiet and didnt say a thing to get the support of the fans. Mundine was just trying to unnerve Green and i think he did a pretty good job. He should have talked it up like Mundine did. So Mundine knew hhe had to prove to the fans he was not all mouth. Thats why i supported Mundine the whole way. The fight had started before they even got int o the ring and like a true sportsman left the feud in thhe ring. And he had a good fight thats what boxing is all about talk it up and fight.

Reply #82301 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

heheh..i said he was Australia's Ali...no..he isnt anywhere near The champ..but he does entertain, he can box...and if you go back pre the rumble in the jungle etc, back to when Ali had not long been pro...the rhyming hadnt started, but the mouth was workin overtime.

Reply #82319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mundines raps are like

"I,I,I.... proved youse all um, um, um... i am the man, im gonna be the.... ch,champ..."

yeh real entertaining he cant even speak he mutters and stumbles his way through interviews.

he's nothing like ali apart from the fact that hes muslim (coisidence... i think not)

Reply #82338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You obviously missed Mundine's rapping ability in his collaboration with Joel Turner in "Knock U Out"

"You think my rapping's a joke, well I'll upper cut you over these ropes and leave your nose broke, I give you left right combinations at ya rib cage"

Reply #82339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's the man Mundine you think
My rapping's a joke
Well you can laugh but I'll
Uppercut ya over these ropes
And leave ya nose broke, I ain't
Playing no games
I'm throwin left right
Combinations at ya rib cage
And all you haters from the
Newspapers should face the facts
I'm jumping back in the ring to
Take my title back
Reminding these cats, I lost by
Split decision
Now I'm runnin' up on these
Critics and boxing their chins in
You think I'm going back to
League, I'm never quittin'
I love jumping in the ring
Kicking ass and back flipping
Receiving big cheques and
Cashing 'em
Just for getting dudes in the
Ring, and bashing 'em
Yeah, I got knocked down but I
Got back up
I survived every round you only
Won by luck
Now it's time for another out
This time I'm gonna knock you out
Let's finish the fight, we'll see
Who's running their mouth biatch

Reply #82360 | Report this post

Say Cheese  
Years ago

Reply #82369 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

nothin like Ali??

He has created more interest in Australian boxing than anyone else (including Fenech, Ellis, or the wanna be Ozzie Joe Bugner).

The man can talk,
the man can fight,
If he wasnt a Muslim, he would be one of Australia's heroes.

Reply #83557 | Report this post

Milinko  
Years ago

hey everyone i know its a bit late but im trying to find the song that anthony mundine played when he was entering the ring in his big fight against green.. does anyone know it??? if u know anything bout is at all please can ya email me on [email protected]

Reply #86994 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:46 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754