Isaac
Years ago

Funny Majstrovich signing confirmed

36ERS SIGN MAJSTROVICH

The Adelaide 36ers has confirmed the announcement of signing NBL forward, Adrian Majstrovich.

Majstrovich, a 201cm forward, attended the AIS from 1997-98 before starting his NBL career with Perth in 1998/99 and then joining the Brisbane Bullets in 2000/01. He also had playing stints back in Perth (2004/05) and last season in New Zealand, where he also played in the New Zealand National Basketball League for the Hawkes Bay Hawks and won the MVP for the league. He also represented Australia at the 1999 World Championships for Junior Men. Majstrovich will greatly help fill the gap left by Jacob Holmes (South Dragons) and Oscar Forman (New Zealand Breakers).

With career averages of 6.2 points and 3.7 rebounds per game, Majstrovich is set to flourish in Phil Smyth's free flowing style of basketball. As with many players who have come to Adelaide to revitalise their careers, Majstrovich is no different and will have plenty to offer for next season's team.
Only a couple of spots left to go. Current roster:

Brett Maher
Willie Farley
Mark Nash
David Cooper
Brad Hill
Brett Wheeler
Lanard Copeland
Adrian Majstrovich

Topic #7299 | Report this topic

Nino  
Years ago

How many season is he signed for?

Reply #82179 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

The title is ours.

Reply #82184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would start with

PG: Maher
SG: Farley
SF: Majstrovich
PF: Import
C: Wheeler

Bench  Hill, Copeland, Nash, Cooper and Dodman to round out the 10 man rotation.

Reply #82200 | Report this post

Sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Smylie over Dodman for mine, unless our PF import is shorter than expected, then I'd go for more height with the tenth spot.

Reply #82211 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

You would think that if we do get a quality import our Starting 5 will be as good as anyones. I suppose only time will tell tho.

Reply #82212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with a decent aba season hambour could slot in there from what was said on the news Majstrovich probly wont start

Reply #82242 | Report this post

sixers33  
Years ago

Hambour IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH to be in the starting 5. Not even good enough for the bench.

Do you people think he can play well under Hill's kind of time?

Reply #82283 | Report this post

Who said Hambour is in the team ? The remaining spots will be taken by an import and a guard.

Reply #82285 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

bit harsh sixers33, i thought hambours limited minutes last season he didnt disgrace himself,

in fact he along with hill probably deserved some more minutes when we had injuries,

i dont know if hambour will get another crack but i for one would not be to disapointed with him getting another shot if thats what the team needs,

on Majstrovich, has the potential to be and excellent move forward for the team assuming he florishes straight off

Reply #82456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would think Dodman over Smylie for sure!

Reply #82831 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:21 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754