Euro Style
Years ago

Adelaide Football Club interested in Sixers?

I know its been mentioned before about the Pt. Adelaide Football club looking at taking over the 36's licence, but a source of mine at a local television station has suggested to me that the Adelaide Football club is seriously looking at taking it over.

Reading between the lines in todays Advertiser, Rick Burton suggested that Adelaide " could be a leader for us as a country ". Could the extension of the deadline mean that The Adelaide Football club are serious contenders to take over the licence, with the 36's becoming the first basketball club in Australia linked to a major sporting organisation ?

It works in Europe , can it work here ? Keep an eye out in the local sports reports on T.V. some further hints are just around the corner.

Topic #7359 | Report this topic

yes please

Reply #82765 | Report this post

Muzza  
Years ago

Too bad it's just a huge beat up to get ratings.

Reply #82783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hang on are they trying to copy Port Power who were one of the main bidders weeks ago...cant they come up with an idea themselves for a change

Reply #82784 | Report this post

Ian  
Years ago

At least Adelaide would have the money to buy the license

Reply #82799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

true and they have a stronger connection with the 36ers through things like the charity games. It would be a great situation for both parties, more so the 6ers but like Ian said they have the $$$ to support it.

Reply #82801 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

But would the Sixers then become the Adelaide Crows Basketball Team?

Reply #82803 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Already been done look at who owns the Pigs.

Reply #82804 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

Sixers sell more than Razorbacks.

If the Crows imvest in the Sixers and buys the Dome and lightning then there would be HUGE potential and if marketed and managed right will than make some nice and big prophets. Especially with the expansion into Asia.

$$$

Crows buy Sixers!!!

Reply #82811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there is a story on channel 7 news coming up soon on the 6ers-crows possibility!! it will be interesting to see what happens with this possibility

Reply #82815 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

sweet!

Reply #82818 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Heard on MIX 1023 in one of the segments about Channel 9 news, that Lleyton Hewitt is interested in purchasing the Sixers. Be interesting to see what 9 shows about it in the sports report.

Reply #82820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

channel 7 - interviewed phil smyth and he seemed to like the idea of the crows buying the 6ers. Phil said something about the 6ers being able to learn a lot from the crows. Also lleyton hewitt is interested in the team...

Reply #82822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The crows should concentrate on running a football team.

Reply #82824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey, sixers 33 what happens if the Asian part of the NBL doesn't make a cent and nobody is interested. We cannot rely on Asia so stop saying it will bring money because there is a chance it will not.

Reply #82829 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

I think it would begood if the crows purchased the sixers because it would open up endless promotional opportunities and could lead to some great marketing deals....

Reply #82837 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

i think Asia will bring in $$$

Reply #82851 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

but the NBL are known to stuff things up

Reply #82852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be assured and you can hear it right here....Port Power are the front runners and have been since they became open market....
Power Sixers...nice touch. Mark my words you can can me but wait you will see in a couple of months

Reply #82853 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The Sixers will have to change their colours to Black, White & Teal. Port Adelaide Football Club won't have their basketball team playing in Crows colours. I'm not a Crows supporter but I can see good things for the Sixers under the Adelaide Football Club. Its a strong club that would bring stability and security.

Reply #82858 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sixers33, I have a feeling that if the Singapore scheme fails, it will be at the hands of that club more than the league. Certainly going by their website I don't have a lot of faith in their decision making but hopefully the fans will attend regardless.

Reply #82861 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

very good point Issac.

And Adelaide Crows are not interested in the Sixers anymore. (Issacs topic above)

Reply #82876 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:25 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754