Phizzer
Years ago

Krause vs Ely

Who would have guessed if Robin Ely and Keith Krause from Norwood both took nine 3's in an ABL game that Keith would hit 5 and Robin hit 1?

Topic #7426 | Report this topic

Sum-Ting-Wong  
Years ago

I would have.

Big guys get less pressure defence on the outside. Guards have more pressure on them and therefore less time to prepare.

Reply #83516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is your point? You are talking about 2 of the better 3 pt shooters in the league. Are you trying to say on is good and one isnt because if you are you dont know what the hell is going on.

Reply #83517 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Surely after Keith hit 2 the "less pressure defence on the outside" argument would go away?

I know Keith can shoot, but taking 9 in a game is unusual for him don't you think? Not wrong, just not regular.

I'm sure Robin gets a lot of attention beyond the arc too.

My question was more about the number of 3's both players have hit this season and the number they would take on average per game.

Reply #83518 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I wouldn't think it's particularly unusual. Krause averages over 6 3 point attempts per game. in 5 of his 12 games this season he's attempted 8 or more. And he's hitting on nearly 43% of them (4th in the league), so they're probably not bad shots, either.

Eley is 10th in the league in 3 point % at 35.6, but he chucks up exactly 12 per game. In fact, it seems Eley rarely ventures inside the 3 point arc. On the season, 85% of his total FG attempts have been 3's, which is pretty unbelievable. 72% of his points have come from 3's.

Reply #83521 | Report this post

Sum-Ting-Wong  
Years ago

Nice Stats Hoop Addict, you gave me nothing on saturday night

Reply #83522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heat Check

Reply #83524 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

You probably didn't deserve anything... whoever you are! :)

Reply #83525 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Well, I asked a question, didn't make a statement, so got answers.

I just remembering playing with Keith and Robin, it was based on those days I made my post.

Thanks Hoop Addict, you either have great software or way too much time on your hands.

Also, another question, why do people have tendency to answer aggressively on this site? I refer to #83516 with their "you dont know what the hell is going on" comment. I notice that kind of thing a lot on here.

Posters with issues? Need outlet for frustrations of their inadequate lives?

Reply #83532 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Thanks Hoop Addict, you either have great software or way too much time on your hands.

The latter. :)

Though, it's not very difficult to work out. Just go to their Hoops SA Stats homepages.

Keith Krause
Robin Eley

Reply #83535 | Report this post

Sum-Ting-Wong  
Years ago

Good Work Stats Boy

Reply #83537 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Amazing that they're both hitting 36.8% from the field!

Keith misses too many free throws for such a good shooter IMHO.

Reply #83539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14 from 16 from the line sat night wasn't bad i didnt think

Reply #83553 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Sorry, I meant looking at his overall season stats as per Hoop Addicts advice... 65.9% for season.

14/16 is fantastic.

Reply #83554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

krause is a great shot. good on him and his team

Reply #83639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So thats already 18 treys jacked between only two of their players , And as a guard shooting over 80% of their FGA as long balls Norwood probably ain't getting much penetration and creation from one R Eley , and when he does drive and dish it's most likely kicked out to their 5 man Krause to launch another grenade , Hilarity in irony .

Reply #84665 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:49 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754