Anonymous
Years ago

Eligibility for Reserves

Please excuse my ignorance; Which players [generally] are ineligible to play in the reserves, if any?

i.e. If a player usually starts in their corresponding ABA team, but in a particular week doesn't start (injury/team discipline/lack of form or does not play at all) are they eligible to play for the reserves the following Tuesday?

Topic #7478 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

To my knowledge, yes. Any player who doesn't start on a weekend in ABL is eligible for reserves on a Tuesday night.

You often find that when there's a weeks break in ABL (due to long weekend, or whatever) reserves sides suit close to a full ABL roster for the game on Tuesday.

Reply #84097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats what I'd assumed, but thought I would check as it was suggested by some that there had been some kind of impropriety on the part of the Tigers womens team for fielding the team they did on tuesday vs West.

Reply #84099 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

the tigers team on tuesday only had tracy playing that is usually a starter. thats only one player. so whats the big problem?

Reply #84101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West women questioning the eligibility of other reserves teams - that's a laugh!! Didn't West forfeit a final last year in reserves due to fielding ineligible players?? And then had the nerve to come onto this site and whinge about it...

Reply #84102 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

What The,

There is nothing wrong with Tracey playing reserves, if she is eligible.
If she started on Saturday night then she is ineligible.

Reply #84104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

going by the stats for Southern V Centrals on stat night Tracy Beatty did not play any minutes so would therefore be eligible to play reserves. if she did not hit court she certainly didn't start

Reply #84125 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Tracy Beatty did not play at all against Centrals. End of story, methinks.

Reply #84172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

are you only classed as a restircted player if you played wnbl/nbl in the past year or are you restricted if you are put on the roster for the upcomming season??

Reply #84271 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:52 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754