brad
Years ago

VIC Vs. SA

how do you guys rekon we compare to victoria in the standard of basketball?ive been informed they play or train every day! do we need to become like them to be a forcr in asutralian basketbal?

cheers

Topic #7510 | Report this topic

Trex  
Years ago

Play or train every day...somone has been spinning you a fairy tail....

Reply #84406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know that U12's train 3 times a week. 2 on court, 1 off court....

Reply #84412 | Report this post

Depends on what you mean by train... if anyone wants to get better at ANYTHING they have to practise! u think MJ jus picked up a ball n could shoot say 80%? i hope not... lol how good you will be depends on how hard u train. correct me if im wrong! :oP

Reply #84419 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

i agree with ya triplle T double d, but i do think that we need a bigger push if we really want to be a force i no that my mate harri trains every day and he cant even make ais? whats with that the boy is a natural and dominates in all asspects of the game

Reply #84431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know in Vic that there is massive competition at most of the established clubs, Dandenong, Nunawading, Bulleen, Knox, Melbourne, Sandringham etc. to make top teams and so the selection trials are feirce and very competetive.

In SA the ITC program turns out very good shooters, probably better than the Vics.

If kids are willing to work and have good teachers, then they will be as good as everyone else regardless of which state they are in.

What makes you choose the Vics, WA have been good over the past few years and turn out pretty good juniors.

Reply #84442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brad,

If Harry dominated his team would have won State Chapms.

Reply #84455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no "I" in TEAM.

Thats for any team! Teams win games.

Reply #84458 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I think it comes down to the individuals themselves as to how good someone can be. The extra time they put in outside of official/organised trainings/games with their club makes all the difference in a players game. There's no substitute for hard wrok

Reply #84465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not true one player cant win it for you, but if there was a team of harris mabye they would have

Reply #84489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The victorians have a better competition in juniors and seniors than south asutralia. They have alot more kids playing basketball and there ITC program has some of the best coaches in australia. Having said that south australia still produce alot of quaility players and coaches. And if harri harvey wants to play fro the AIS telll him grow 3 or 4 inches. Nothing against him but he really doesnt have the skill of the height to get to the AIS. Compare him to patrick mills. Now that is a kid who is a AIS quaility guard.

Reply #84492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This guy had better learn not to carry the ball. i have seen him many times and agree his skill is great but this carrying issue annoys me as its easy to move pass anyone if you carry and refs dont want to make this call. Saw him recently and an opposition coach was screaming at the refs. About the Vics they have a lot of kids drop off ITC because the 7 am start makes it hard on most kids and the Vics train twice a week with some extra sessions against other Clubs.

Reply #84513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You must have mistaken him for another player because the patrick mills i am talking about is in the boomers squad And u dont amke the boomers squad if you carry the ball the whole time.

Reply #84530 | Report this post

HillBilly  
Years ago

Reality is that population has a great deal to do with it. Vic have 4 times the kids to choose from and always have. It has been the same for 20 odd years.

Our best is as good as theirs but what happens is that our top teams and kids are not pushed often enough. If you get 2 hard games in 9 complacency etc creeps in - no matter how hard you train or the amount of extra practice you do.

Competitive games week in week out foster the hard nosed nature of the game over the border. Until our kids are exposed to that - sure they will win the odd big game, but they come undone most times.

Reply #84532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im talking about Harri carrying the ball

Reply #84554 | Report this post

hip to tha hop  
Years ago

The vics dont have people drop off ITC actually either they will take up AFL or they will jion a VBA club.

Reply #84575 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:34 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754