skip
Years ago

Miami @ Dallas Game 2 (SPOILER)

Mavs make it 2 and 0 with a 99-85 result.

Dirk Nowitzki led the way with 26 points and 16 boards.
Wade led for the Heat with 23 and 8 but more significantly Shaq was held to a career playoff low of 5 points.
He also only collected 6 boards.

Heat are gonna have to seriously heat up to try an turn things around back in Miami.

Topic #7578 | Report this topic

Take Luck  
Years ago

J stack off the bench was huge. 3 massive 3's going into the half. 2 more baby!

Reply #85043 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm liking this series more and more. Go mavs...

Dirk fired up and showed Game 1 was just a bad game, whilst Shaq shot blanks.

Once again, the 'depth' of Miami didn't come to play, whilst Stack and Harris of the bench did really well. Stack got 10 points in the final 79 seconds just before the 1/2.

Flash can't do it by himself. Tonie still took to many shots, maybe it's a Riley plan, but I'd rather Shaq have 16 (he had 5 for the game) than Walker. At the moment Damp and Diop are earning their coin with good D on Shaq.

The Heat were smashed on the boards 46-32. Interesting that the Heat got to the line more and only hit 20-32. Shaq went 1-7. If the Heat lose the series then some blame is gonna have to fall on free throw shooting.

The Mavs had two 4 point plays.

Only two teams have erased 2-0 Finals deficits and won, and only the Pistons have won the middle three games at home in the 2-3-2 format.

Reply #85046 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

What the hell is Shaq doing? Is he ill or injured? Dallas defense really that good?

I think I read on nba.com Jason Williams talking about Shaq saying "If it was up to me, I'd give him the ball every time down the floor". Obviously, it's not up to the point guard....

Reply #85047 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

shaq didnt score because nobody gave him the ball. it was good d by dallas which would have caused the heat to look else where but most of the time they just didnt look at him.

Reply #85063 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

This is my point Dampier owns Shaq

but dont expect the big deisle to go quietly into the night Miami are going to come out charged for there first game at Home

Reply #85072 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dampier might be rethinking his claims of being the second best centre in the league after today's game...

Reply #85073 | Report this post

dampier is an overpaid hack shaq hasn't fired up yet. Another big game by haslem unfortunately he got injured and by then it was game over for Miami. I thought it was a better effort by D wade today but he needs help from his veterans. Payton is doing nothing out there, i don't know why he is launching so many 3's i don't think i've seen him hit 1 so far. Miami's defense is set but they need more offensive production to win.

Reply #85076 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Shaq is past his used by date....lol

5pts and 6 rebounds......lmao

They should start Mourning, and have Shaq off the bench

Reply #85085 | Report this post

past his use by date... 10 days ago v Detriot he got 28 and 16

Reply #85090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #85094 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Same thing in this series as the Lakers and Detroit series.

Miami is imploding with selfishness and going away from their strength.

D from Dallas is good but Miami just dont seem interested. Walker looking for his shot seems to have poisoned the rest.

May be different when they get to Miami and it needs to be as this has the potential to be the biggest boil over in memory.

Reply #85111 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

No way i would call the Mavs winning the series a boil over, well nothing compared to when the Pistons dismantled the Lakers a few years ago when the Lakers were stacked.

Reply #85153 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I would hate to be the person that is guarding shaq in game 3!

If people think that the mavs are easily going to win it think again. In both games miami has been TERRIBLE! and still managed to not lose by too much and make a close contest out of it!

Lets see how the Mavs go in Miami then people can make a better judgement!

Reply #85228 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Lets remember Detroit shot woefully in the series Vs the Heat

Dallas are no-where near that

They in the last 3 seasons under Avery Johnson have become a better defensive team

With the Offensive weapons they have in Dirk, Stackhouse, Howard, Terry, Harris and Company

They will get the job done

As a Laker fan.....its great to see the Big Fella miss out on another title away from Kobe.....LMAO

And that goes for Payton as well

Reply #85256 | Report this post

LMAOQOAO FEXLISTON OR WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS YOU SUCK WHY ARE U BAGGING PAYTON DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR SOMETHING KOBE WILL NEVER ACHEIVE IN HIS STUPID LIFETIME OK YOU CAN SCORE NOW PLAY SOME DEFENSE AND YOUR TEAM WOULD MAYBE COMPETE AGAINST PHOENIX

and why hate the shaq diesel, kobe wouldnt have 3 rings on his finger if it wasnt for him its not shaqs fault kobe was a jerk and basically kicked him out

i mean jeez

Reply #85506 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:15 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754