nunawading basketball carnival

Last weekend i travelled to melbourne for the Nunawading Basketball Carnival where my team played in the U18 Girls A reserve. I found that we had some close games except for one team who were clearly the best. What is the point of teams entering divisions which they are too good for? i dont think that it is very good for the teams that have to play against them and get thrashed, it leads to an uncompetitive grand final and leaves a dampen on the weekend.

Topic #7586 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

im asuming you are talking about hawthorne and obviously they either didn't qualify for classics or forgot to put in there entry. The nunawading A grade is supposed to be the grade below classics so therefore if they didn't qualify then they were in the right grade even though they were clearly better than the rest.

Reply #85144 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

I agree sometimes teams do this, and i wasn't in Nunawading so can't say, but if they had a team in the highest div and this was their second team in the second div, then i dont think you can blame them, as they would assume they were doing the right thing...

Reply #85146 | Report this post

Sir Lance a lot  
Years ago

and they had two teams in the Classics in 18 girls...obviously plenty of depth in that club

Reply #85169 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

My kids team played in A grade and did not win a game. Average loss 15 points. Other teams did display great deal of physical fight, speed and grunt....which has to happen from this age level up! Personally I wouldn't go back to play 'social' rules thus 20minute halves and no stopping the clock...What the.....???

Reply #85174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anthony, you must be from Southern?

Reply #85177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sir Lance a lot, we are not talking about a nunawading u/18 girls team we are talking about hawthorne, although I can't understand how two nunawading teams were allowed to play at classics when such a strong hawthorne outfit obviously could have done well, unless the Magic team didn't nominate

Reply #85192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They didn't Qualify. Nunawading 2 beat then.

Reply #85194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think you have got it wrong...i wold say that the person is talking about the north girls in U18.

Reply #85204 | Report this post

I played for North Adelaide in the A Reserve grade, and the thing was that Ringwood (the team that won) didnt have a team in the normal A grade! Perhaps not good enough for Classics, but definately A grade!

Reply #85227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea i watched your game against them and they were clearly a very strong unit and i think would have given some of the A's a run for there money

Reply #85248 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:57 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754