KFC Tim
Years ago

Woodville awards discussion

This section is dedicated to the number of Woodville players who have something to say about the recent awards. And the team selection? Remember no abussive language and no getting personal. Except against Killa and Darius Miles. Ha Ha

Topic #765 | Report this topic

Russel Coight  
Years ago

how about a vera craig memorial award - have they got that up and running yet?

Reply #8182 | Report this post

mattus  
Years ago

so what happened at the awards?

who won etc?

Reply #8183 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

I was present at the awards and found out about the Vera Craig Memorail and the inagrual winner goes by the name of Andrew White he is a under 20s player and a constant scrapper the word quit is not in this mans vocab he is a ten year vet of woodies and get life membership before the great Zane Reeves this man is a general workhorse. and was very deserving of the award

Reply #8196 | Report this post

sexual paul rees  
Years ago

i'm sure you meant 'inaugural'

i still can't believe 22 fo under 20div 2 won best defensive player. I mean 34 clogs up that keyway like no other. it's all about the paul rees D from 34.

Reply #8198 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i heard that P Berry didnt make the apperance as promised! he probably realised that he would have been taunted and bood from the stadium

Reply #8202 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

KFC Tim, just coz the master of which u were taught to play bball from didnt give u an award doesnt mean that u can take out your anger on other people (killer & DMiles, ok maybe DMiles) its OK mate, u could probably cry on his shoulder.

Reply #8203 | Report this post

jovial 1  
Years ago

who won coach of the year?

Reply #8316 | Report this post

Tibor  
Years ago

Woodville don't have an award for coach of the year?

Reply #8332 | Report this post

But if they did it surely would have been Damien Tsouris for his four great wins.

Reply #8333 | Report this post

homer  
Years ago

D'oh

Reply #8334 | Report this post

Mr. Shnrub  
Years ago

I like the way Bleeding Gums Murphy thinks

Reply #8335 | Report this post

Gil  
Years ago

Or maybe MT for his remarkable ability to win Div 5 championships?

Reply #8336 | Report this post

Tibor  
Years ago

His talents are unmistakable

Reply #8345 | Report this post

Arthur Fortune  
Years ago

Indeed...is there no limit to the talents of MT? How did Woodville ever let a coach of his quality get away?
The quest for world domination is almost complete at Warrior land.

Reply #8359 | Report this post

Magarnigal  
Years ago

Big Damien should of got coach of the year, if the award existed!!! Four wins with his own team, but he truly was a stand-out as asst. coach in 18 Boys Div 1, he constantly got that team over the line when they won, yet that teams losses came when his voice fell on deaf ears!!!

Reply #8397 | Report this post

Hank Scorpio  
Years ago

Totally agree with Magarnigal. Damien was indeed the brains trust...just ask him.
Must be a Woodville thing...many people say the same about Alan Fisk and the 16 Boys. Who WAS the man in charge??

Reply #8402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

assistant coach? maybe their actual coach got them over the line?

Reply #8403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big damien is the best coach in woodville, dont let his size fool ya!

Reply #8422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alan fisk was deifinitely the coach for the 16 boyz, touhey was shit and alan took over most the time. when alan took over, we played better

Reply #8423 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Guys at least get the name right! It's spelt Tuohy

Reply #8454 | Report this post

I can't believe there wasn't a scrappers/defensive workhorse award!!!
There was a mysterious scrapper in umder 20 div 1 who was a shoe in, I heard he had third degree wood burns over 73% of his body for the majority of the season.

P.s. I also like the way Shnrub thinks
P.p.s. Rarr rarr rarr no one understands you she bear!

Reply #8462 | Report this post

Stampy  
Years ago

You people disgust me. MT is quality, pure quality. It takes a rare talent to reach the lofty heights of a Div 5 championship. Next you'll be telling me it was actually the work of his extremely capable assistant Adam Murphy that got them across the line.

Reply #8478 | Report this post

Who has GF wins..  
Years ago

Woodville let the championship coach in MT go, he is a general workhorse who will be painfully missed by some members of the club.. not naming any talented names but i can say the untalented ones - scotty and to a greater extent jims..and missed by other members of the club who saw his talents and even tho he kicked them out of croyden high still likes and respects what the man could do.

a championship coach in div 5 is still a championship coach, and he put a lot of time and effort into other teams in woodville, sad to see you go MT.

Reply #8482 | Report this post

G Baby  
Years ago

i wasnt there but i heard HOFF cleaned up. Now i dont wont to take anything away from him, he is good but did he really deserve Most Promising Junior and MVP? Sorry stef but not sure.

Reply #8787 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754