auslot
Years ago

Sixers open with 4 games in 9 days

what clown in the nbl came up with the draw. i just had a look. our first four games in just nine days.

ot going to get much practice time in between. at least we finish at home against the taipans.we always seem to finish against the taipans be it here or over there.

i still cant believe it 4 games in nine days. we travel from singapore to the gong then to adelaide then to perth.

how about new years 6-00pm what a nothing start time. no mention of why the change. maybe it was time to rest it rather than play with the time.

what does everyone think???????

carn the 36ers
auslot

Topic #7654 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Finally they have come to their sense with NYE game.

The early time I like, all said and done by 8:30pm and onto the other festivities.

Reply #85862 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I would rather we had a run like that at the start of the season than late in the season. At least the legs should be fresh at that time.

Reply #85865 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

the nbl knows that the sixers are old and that they can't take so many games away without getting injuries, having fatigue or anything bad. This is there newest conspiracy.

But seriously... I would rather Adelaide have it hard with more away games at the start and more home games at the end of the season. Like the crows.

Reply #85867 | Report this post

Sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Not much time to gel the new team before 4 games are played.

Reply #85901 | Report this post

Shaq32  
Years ago

Yeah DJ totally agree the NYE thing was rough. The older I got the harder it was to go to a game and then rush out to a party and get drunk! Sixers caused me to binge drink hahaha

4 games in 9 days, goodluck thanks NBL....Phil isnt going to work them very hard on the training floor anyways from what i hear

Reply #85903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does he ever?
or has he ever?
besides the wheelchairs most players will be in will mark the floor

Reply #85913 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

and not to be picky ... but it's 4 in 10 .... and I recall a few years back perth opened with a horror six game road trip over 14 days, during the problems with air travel - so were bussing all over the country and opened 1-5. There's always a period of a few games in a short period every season, every team has it, so it's not worth complaining.

Reply #86020 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:57 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754