VC fan
Years ago

Best Non-NBL Stadiums In Aus

After coming back from Classics/Nunawading its pretty clear to see that there are some pretty deacent ABA stadiums in the Melbourne area.

Just curious as to which stadium(s)which aren't used by an NBL club people think are the best in Australia. I was impressed by the Knox main court and have been told the main court at Albert Park is fairly good. Nunawading's main court wasn't too bad either. What do other people think?

Topic #7673 | Report this topic

brad  
Years ago

albert park is a state of the art stadium. the gym and pools are even used by collingwood football club. its a step above the rest

Reply #86166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Albert Park not MSAC where the Victoria Giants played out of?

Knox is very good, however, Nunawading is very ordinary from memory. That is unless there have been renovations in the last two years.

In the SEABL Bendigo's Schweppes Centre is by far the best and Ballarat isnt too bad either.

Reply #86168 | Report this post

PTTP  
Years ago

Port Adelaide?

Reply #86175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well if you want to get technical Dandenong is great but otherwise from what i saw over the long weekend wayville and pasadena (apart from the floor boreds) are still better than their stadiums the wayvily and nunawading statdiums were just a heap of add-ons to existing run down courts

Reply #86176 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Anon #86168

If you seriously think bendigo is the best SEABL stadium then you need to check out Geelong.

The Arena was superb for Comm Games, much better than bendigo, and I got to be a volunter at both.

Nunawading is crap.

Dandenong is better than Bendigo easily....people get deceived by bendigo cause the foyer is great - the court itself is pretty average.

Some of the Canberra stadiums are great (or at least one is)

Ballarat is still dark. Cairns is cool (literally air conditioned).

Reply #86177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad, you will find that Collingwood use their own facility, the Lexus Centre, not MSAC (Albert Park).
This facility is the former Glass House where the North Melbourne Giants used to play opposite the Rod Laver Arena and is state of the art.
Quite possibly, the best facility in Australia.

Reply #86190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

clearly no-one recognises STARplex!?
one of the newest staduims in the league is ti not?

Reply #86213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starplex would struggle with crowd sizes. not enough seating for a very decent crowd

Reply #86230 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

have any of you city folk venture to whyalla? they have the best country facilities in the stste! three above average courts and a wicked bar and canteen facility! you need to get your minds outside gepps cross!!

Reply #86358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

correct me if im wrong but isnt the stadium opposite rod laver the MPV or vodafone arena?? i know for a fact the tigs used to play there and possibly the giants to??

Reply #86361 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

patto, thanks for the imput but i was looking for best stadium in Australia, not best country stadium in the state.....

Reply #86390 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

AIS Arena in Canberra. No current NBL team uses it. Court 1 at Tuggeranong is also pretty sweet. The Caps tend to play games there with the occasion big game at AIS. Belconnen is also ok.

Reply #86402 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

na the magpies did do weight sessions at albert park but i think they do use there own facilities now.ye u were rite

Reply #86447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

86190 yeah it is the MPV the Dragons are going to play there and the tigers were going to play the GF games there if it wasn't for the commonweath games.

Reply #86454 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:39 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754