Sixers33
Years ago

Sixers owner may be announced today

In The Advertiser today they said that the new Sixers owner is expected to be announced today.

Topic #7745 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also announced todat was over $5 million granted by government to football park. Are they selling the home of basketball so that you can give $5 million to football?

Selling basketball assets to give government funds to football is like selling housing trust homes so that governmnet can give the dole to millionaires!!!

Reply #86884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think your post should read

In The Advertiser today they said that expressions of interest close yesterday and the new Sixers owner could be announced as early as today.

Reply #86885 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Details, details! ;)

Reply #86887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is our second import announcement going to follow when we find out who the new owners are?

Reply #86891 | Report this post

the government putting more $ in footy might have something to do with huge TV ratings and 40,000 + paying fans every second week at crows games.

hanging out to hear who the new owner/s are !

Reply #86896 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Sixers33 are you a Journo? That's classic journalistic mis-statement

Reply #86910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, just a bozo....

Reply #86912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will know who their preferred bidder is today. It will be up to the bidder if they want that announced.

But before it is approved they must get NBL approval for the team and also a vote approval from the local Presidents.

It will be around 2 weeks until anything is official.

Reply #86914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am not sure if you are being serious 86914 but a vote from the local presidents, i think i can hear the rubber stamp from here

Reply #86926 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I would have thought it was out of the presidents hands now that the government is running the show.

Reply #86927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it will be a rubber stamp as if they say no then the Gov will say pay us the 14m.

Reply #86928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

likewise with the NBL, anyone really think they would have an objection to anyone, its like give us the ok or you are down 1 team.

Reply #86955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Update;

There was no purchaser found today. All bids had certain conditions put on them from the purchaser, so the Carter will sit down with them next week, I would say they will no by next Friday wo gets it.

The next NBL board meeting is July 14 and they would want to know by then at the latest.

Reply #86980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are they going to buy the girls as well? Doesnt look good for them

Reply #86997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are more parties after the girls team then the 36ers.

Reply #87010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bullshit(#87010), youre an idiot!

Reply #87017 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

87010 - I have heard something similar.

Reply #87021 | Report this post

Sixers33  
Years ago

you are nopt serious issac?

maybe it is smaller businesses who want the lighting becuase they would be cheaper yet could make some good money. The 36ers may be a bit too expensive for the smaller businesses.

Reply #87024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I won't say who I am and stay annoy but there were 4 bids for the Sixers that got to the last stage and 6 for the lightning.

The girls team will go for around $75,000-$125,000.

Reply #87028 | Report this post

Arpy  
Years ago

Victorian Government giving $120m to Vic basketball across all grades.
(Big V Basketball page, a couple of weeks ago)

Reply #87033 | Report this post

choco to baghdad  
Years ago

girls would be a good buy - they have and will be successful again - and they have international players

have heard Fellas gifts still mentioned on WNBA telecasts this season

now that is value for money

pictures of our international women - in thier WNBL garb - find their way onto international sites all the time

Reply #87043 | Report this post

White elephant  
Years ago

Both white elephants - who ever buys either would only be doing it for ego - opinion only. You don't have to be a rhode scholar to work it out. Both teams are a bit like fast cars and big boats - big boys toys that break down eventually.

Hopefully someone does make money from them but ..........

Reply #87075 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Big problem with the girls team is that they don't make anywhere near as much from sponsorship and tickets, yet still have to fork out for airfares and accommodation for road games.

Reply #87083 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:49 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754