brad
Years ago

Front Runners NBL

well now the NBA playoffs are over we can focus for the upcoming NBL season, The Teams are realy starting to take place and is looking promising for the new season.

Who do guys reckon is the front runner for the crown? Mabye the sixers with the signing of Freeman if they get him? Or are the Kings And Tigers the teams to watch again.

Who are the biggest recruits aswell, for any team.

Peace Brad

Topic #7842 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I say everyone hypes Brisbane as the Championship favourite. The more we all say it, the more likely they'll fail.

Reply #87821 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

if the sixers get Freeman, they will be right up there, if Anstey comes back, the Tigers will be as well, otherwise, my Smokey is Cairns...Heavy recruiting and good resignings....

War DB5

Reply #87822 | Report this post

hurley509  
Years ago

Perths got some good young guards.... everyone but townsville and west sydney are in it with a title shot atm.

Reply #87834 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

does anyone think that the dragons have a chance, like a real chance or is it all just hype?

Reply #87836 | Report this post

hurley509  
Years ago

Dragons have all the peices to the puzzle, but there core of players havent been together long, they could do it.

Reply #87839 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Brisbane look very strong on paper but theres alot of teams that have the potential to win a championship. Too early to say.

Reply #87844 | Report this post

brad  
Years ago

fair call VC fan, there is something about brisbane though, they always look strong on paper but are rearly able to put it together! maybe this is there year!

Reply #87908 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I am really finding it hard to call at this stage. Ive got about 6 teams that ive said should make the top 4 this year, obviously that aint gonna work tho.

Looking at current lists and history i would say..

Adelaide - Top 4 if they find a decent replacement for Dusty, otherwise in the middle somewhere.
Brisbane - Somehow have managed to getter better looking lineup than the starstudded one from last season. Anything outside the top 4 would be astonishing.
Cairns - Again will depend on their final recruits, similar to the sixers.
Melbourne - If Anstey remains Top 2 for sure. Without Anstey still expect them to be top 4.
New Zealand - So far have recruited well. Playoff bound but only just.
Perth - I actually expect them to drop off this year. I think they will miss the playoffs.
Singapore - The key here is Travel. They have a lot of it and I think this will be a massive disadvantage to them. Bottom 4.
South - So far looking like a real contender off the court, time will tell if that translates on the court though. I think they will make the playoffs but wont be Top 4.(Will beat the Tigers in their first game against each other tho)
Sydney - Tough one this. Also will depend on recruits. Top 4ish.
Townsville - No doubt a better team keeping Newley, but still I think will struggle, cant see em in the playoffs.
West Sydney - Wooden Spoon.
Woolongong - Will be playoff bound but around 5th or 6th I reckon. Will only lose 1 or 2 at home tho.

All my own opinion. Please feel free to disagree. :-)

Reply #87925 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

if brisbane had a coach they would be dangerouse,

saying that star players dont make a star team

Reply #87929 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:23 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754