Anonymous
Years ago

Tonights game

Is there any radio stations which will cover tonights game, even if they are on the net? Also, are there any sites that will have the highlights for those people which dont have FOX?

Topic #787 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure. Your best bet is to get to a pub with Fox or try thescore.com.au: NBL Scoreboard.

Don't know if the NBL site will have live scores for the game.

Hopefully someone with Fox and a net connection will keep us updated on here. (I'd do it, but I don't have Fox -- sorry!)

Worst case scenario, someone watching the game could SMS someone with a net connection and they could update everyone stuck at work?

Reply #8370 | Report this post

Acid Jazz  
Years ago

Or you could just go to the 6ers homepage and check out the live score feature there......Oh no hang on you cant do that as even though it was promised to be happeneing ages ago it still doesnt exist!

Reply #8378 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think a live scoreboard they could have mentioned may probably be for home games only?

I reckon getting David Cooper in the Players menu would be a nice welcoming present for him. Or announcing the signing of Jason Williams, or linking to Venuetix for ticket sales, or updating people on Mark Nash's injury, or mentioning the non-Blitz pre-season games...

Reply #8379 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I think you're asking a bit too much Isaac! :P

Reply #8380 | Report this post

Acid Jazz  
Years ago

How did I know that you would jump on that one so quickly Isaac

While I wont be complaining about a live scoreboard for home games (living on the Gold Coast) I would have thought taht it would be more beneficial for the supporters to have it for away games as I dont know too many people who take their laptop to the Dome (well Yogee might)

Oh well I could bitch all day but I better do some work so I can get out of here and find a tv with the game on thsi arvo!

Reply #8384 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, I'll defend them when the request calls for technology/effort probably beyond the basics (i.e., direct link in with NZ's systems -- they probably won't have live scores on their site). But I won't when we're talking about basic text updates!

Ideally, the NBL would sort out live scores at all main NBL stadiums and distribute the feeds to all club sites as well as community sites via RSS or similar.

Ever seen the NBA's live scores in Flash? Very cool and not particularly difficult.

Reply #8385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what time does tonights game start on TV sa time?

Reply #8400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5pm fox i believe, ie now!

Reply #8404 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I am hoping to have a laptop at home games....but at this stage I dont have a seat for games (long story I cant really go into here)

I am purchasing a laptop sometime in the next few weeks, but media cant get phone lines courtside, so updating during the game is still too hard.

Unfortunately I got home at half time so I didnt even lof on here till after the game.

I do get sms scores from my OzHoops network during the season, and will have them Saturday night for the Crocs game, so I will update when I get them.

Reply #8441 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:54 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754