Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers update on channel ten news

Channel 10 just said they had some news on the basketball tonight, I guess it will be in their sports section.

Topic #7886 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe it's a bout the state champs as they had a camera there yesterday.

Reply #88221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dome sold.

Reply #88222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 88222

I don't think so.

Reply #88224 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

might be aus v NZ

Reply #88226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

May not be on the news but it has sold!

Reply #88227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

88227, great stab in the dark, you are going out of a limb there - how bout you tell us who too, and can you tell us the winning numbers for tomorrows powerball.

Reply #88232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

better not be sold, i dont want to play out of the ETC just not a good ball venue.

Reply #88233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has not been sold. You can take it from me as someone very much involved in the process.

Reply #88235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still a basketball venue.

Reply #88236 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

It's nice of you to share the info, but care to shed any more light on the situation?

Sold for basketball use, demolition, something else?

Reply #88242 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

As I'll be stuck at work for a few more hours yet, can somebody please post on here what the report is about once its been on.
Thanking you in advance. :-)

Reply #88244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talked to Paul Bell and Ron Bassett from the U/18 championship, nothing new.

Reply #88245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Said that the dome will be a not for profit entity and will ensure that it is kept for Basketball, mainly for Junior, District and Social.

Let's hope they get it and not a church.

Reply #88247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ron Basset said that whoever gets the team needs to move on ticket sales and sponsorship.

Paul Bell said that the Dome buyers are all basketball people and are not doing it to make money but to save a 3 court stadium.

Reply #88254 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

if its a not for profit can they claim it as a charity and right it off against the running of the ball club? or at least the upkeep. If that is possible that is a huge loop hole.

Reply #88261 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

does anybody have any idea when a decision will be made - just want to make sure i get the advertiser that morning to get the facts from boti

Reply #88268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There will not be any decisions made this week

Reply #88274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there's a huge difference between a charity and being not-for-profit with respect to tax, income, losses etc

Basketball can't just be a charity.

Reply #88275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$9.50 per game for seniors, sounds like a charity to me!

Reply #88277 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

fair enough it just came to mind when they mentioned opening it up to locals, junior, charity etc.

Reply #88278 | Report this post

Bill Woods  
Years ago

Here is the transcript from Channel 10.

Mark Aiston: On the future of the Adelaide 36ers, now a decision on ownership remains in doubt and the NBL season is just two months away. The Administrators also yet to finalize the sale of the lightning and the Dome.

Corey Wingard: The under 18 National Championships may be the best basketball action in Adelaide at the moment. But if these two men get their wish the 36ers games will once again be the hottest ticket in town. Businessmen Ron Basset and Paul Bell have made a bid for the Sixers licence and the DHD and are desperate to ensure basketball flourishes in SA again.

Paul Bell: Our group consists of local basketball people the knowledge of how things work and we really want to make sure we use those people to make sure we get the best outcome for the sport.

Corey Wingard: The Basset Group hasn't made a bid for the lightning but they are eager to work with whoever takes over the women's team. As for the Dome they plan to run it as a Not for Profit business which can be utilised by juniors, social teams and the top flight. The NBL season tips off on September 20 so time is fast running out, thankfully a coach and team are in place but there are off court matters which desperately need addressing.

Ron Basset: Our main concern if we get the team will be ticket sales and corporate sponsorship to start off with.

Corey: The group is focused on bringing more success to the Dome and ensure the next Phil Smyth or Brett Maher is given a career pathway in basketball.

Reply #88317 | Report this post

down to 2  
Years ago

I can tell you from a very good source that MVP will not win the bid, from what I have heard is that Bruce Carter is stringing Paul Bell along until the announcement as he doesn't want Paul to start a sh*t storm that will make Bruce look bad. Paul has got good connections with the media which Bruce doesn't like, that interview with him last night was a stupid move on his behalf. I have also heard mention that Bell has been screwing Carter around with the bid process and telling people that it is Carter's fault that there has been no decision. The truth is that he hasn't even put his final bid in yet.

I can not confirm who has got it, but that there will be an announcement next week and that Phil Smyth has been asked to come home early for it.

Like I said this has come from a very good source that is highly involved in the process.

Reply #88370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

down to 2 - so who will win it. who is the other party?

Reply #88389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it looks like they're implying that it's Peregrine vs Lewis.

Reply #88391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good. Hope MVP sports don't get it.Needs successful business people to run that have been in business more than just a couple of years.

Reply #88431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To Mr Know it All "Down to 2"

What was so wrong with the interview? Going by the transcript, they didnt say anything that even came close to blaming Carter for anything. In fact what they did say was very general.

The voice overs mentioned that there was only about 2 months to go to start of season which there is.

Other bidders have had media on them so whats to stop MVP from doing the same?

Whats your point?

Reply #88452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good point belly!

Reply #88459 | Report this post

Noti Bagy  
Years ago

Maybe the others have had the media come to them rather than MVP going to the media?

Could that be seen as waiving a red flag at the bull?

Reply #88463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wrong again - they did approach mvp

Reply #88470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullshit!!

Reply #88479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks as though a certain bidding group is getting desperate. Wreaks of inexperience!

Reply #88482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes and thats why they won't get it because of this.

Reply #88487 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:06 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754