DJ
Years ago

Boomers vs Tall Blacks - Tonight on Fox

Just a reminder that the first game is on Fox tonight from Napier, NZ - Beware that it isnt live though, stay away from the forums.

TV COVERAGE, Fox Sports One, 11:00pm AEST

Topic #7888 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

****SPOILER****

The BOOMERS have narrowly defeated the Tall Blacks in Overtime 81 -79

Pero Cameron had a chance to win the game for NZ with a buzzer beating 3 but missed the shot.

The leading scorers for the Boomers were Anstey with 24, Smith 19 and Bogut 14.

I personally expected a far better result for the boomers even with the game over there. You would hope for a far improved team in Game 2.

Reply #88257 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

With Bruton missing, we were a little weak at the point guard position - no surprises in saying that - playing Aaron Bruce who didn't look great, Kendall and Markovic. Anstey had some good patches, and only Bogut really looked all that comfortable to me.

Boomers would've hoped for a far better result.

Reply #88291 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

Kendall was pretty bad last night from what i saw (last 20 mins). I counted 4 turnovers in about 12 mins of play.
Anstey saved us big time, and Bogut making that turn around jumper off the glass late in the game gave us a boost.
Still while i thought we swung the ball around the perimeter well we had too many spectators on court.
We had very few attempts at mid-range from what i saw and we relied on the 3 pointer too much .
Luckily for us so did NZ and they missed some crucial ones in OT.

How Pero Cameron can be left open to shoot 3-pointers is still beyond me ?? and Goorjian needs to sort that defensive rotation out .

Anyone got a link to the boxscores ??

Reply #88315 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I agree with you skyhook, Kendall had a terrible game, yet still played 32 minutes!!!
I really don't think Kendall should even be in the team. He shot 3/10 FG and 0/5 from downtown, with the 4 TO's.
Our D was average, to put it nicely and needs to be improved before Japan.
Also, while whinging about Kings players, Barlow didn't look anything of an international player in the time he got, just jumped around (taking out Bogut TWICE on the offensive glass) and didn't really do anything.
Finally, what were Newley and Bruce doing sitting on the bench for most of the game? They will be in the NBA very soon, yet sat for all but 8 mins each...

Reply #88324 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Yes. here

Reply #88327 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Killer game by Anstey, good games by Bogut and Smith, but can we please buy a guard!

Reply #88338 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

I agree, our bigs played well and where the difference.

We desperately need a point guard, Kendall is not the answer in my opinion.

Mackinnon was disapointing missing quite a few layups off good feeds from Bogut.

As much as I tried I could not ignore the fact that the commentary was horrible, but I was just thankful to actually be able to watch the game....

Reply #88348 | Report this post

Ken Richardson  
Years ago

Anybody know of a pub that showed the game last night?

Reply #88350 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

Dont get me started on the commentating .
I wanted to turn the sound off !

Reply #88392 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:08 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754