Sixers to sign Import in the next 2 weeks

I know I know .. we have heard this bout 10 times this season .. were about 2 weeks away !! .. But the NBL website has reported that the sixers have returned from the summer league with 6 players In mind and that they are conferdent of Having a full squad for there training camp this year ...

what I kno if anyone has heard any rumours of Names of these possible imports ??

Topic #7934 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No....what you really want is to know how to spell

Reply #88820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought they said they had that many people in mind when they went over. I guess anything is good at the momeny.

Reply #88833 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

6 is a fairly good number I would have thought.

Reply #88841 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

I wonder if this is the hurry up Freeman needs to sign with the 36ers as opposed to keeping his options open or whether they really do have another player close to signing.

One would presume the players Smyth looked at were playing in the Long Beach Summer Pro League he attended. Box scores are available at www.summerproleague.com/scoreboard.htm

A few familiar names such as Garrison, Horvath, Burgess, Wethers have played in the tournament.

How good is the team name 'Hoosier Daddy'. That is gold!

Reply #88867 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

2 weeks is far too long to announce a signing if it is to be one of the 6. Freeman would not commit until 4th August. If they are going to wait for 2 weeks, I am guessing they are waiting to hear from Freeman before making a decision.

Reply #88868 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea, do people think garrison could be possible for a return??? He is similar to dusty and him n willie were the imports on our last title team!!
personally id prefer freeman, or someone in the Freeman/Brooks mould but yea i wouldnt be totally shattered if it is Garrison, what does everyone think?? anyone heard any names on the list of 6??

Reply #88875 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

never really warmed to Garrison, i would rather K-Free and if we cant get him go for someone new and hope to hell he is a player.

Reply #88887 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

i think stephons hit the nail on the head again, it may well be the sixers have identified the players but saying that i think they are using theses "players" to push freeman into making a decision, now rather then early august.

as for garrison great person fantastic attitude but dont honestly think hes the type of player we need at present.

Reply #88915 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:51 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754