Mixed Bizness
Years ago

Behind the player....

I think it would be fun to find out what people do outside of playing ball. When you mostly just see people on the court or out on the weekend its easy to forget we all have jobs too...

Did you know (for example) that Brigid Bowley is a tour guide at Monarto Zoo (and can take you to feed the lions)?

Or perhaps that Doug MacDonald-Taylor gives the most brutal (but best) massage around...

And that it only takes one Damien Scanlon to change a lightbulb (cos he's an electrician with his own business).

Also, I think it would be useful to start a bit of a business directory of people in basketball...I know that if I need a haircut or a plumber I'd rather give my money to someone who needed it to buy ankle tape or pay for physio...

Topic #8018 | Report this topic

lockstock  
Years ago

Can I get this right are you suggesting that these players do it in response to this thread? Or is it just a random idea?

Reply #89618 | Report this post

Mixed Bizness  
Years ago

Yeah I was just throwing it out there actually, hoping to elict responses from players themselves, or people that want to tell us about someone they know in their team etc...

But I guess if the response was strong enough Isaac might be able to compile a simple directory - sort of a truelocal type idea.

And yes I know he's busy but this webpage has forged an identity for him and generated business...now we all know a genuine IT guy and it would be great to know what else people do so we can support each other.

Now lets all hold hands and sing Kumbayah...hehe

Reply #89626 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm happy to put up a page here where we can compile a directory.

Reply #89630 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

Now this is a very positive idea.

Reply #89640 | Report this post

Art Vanderlay  
Years ago

I'm an architect with a good inside game. I usually take the oppositions best player, I'm not the greatest foul shooter but I get to the line plenty.

Reply #89649 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I'm an accountant. Creative accounting is how I get around the salary cap.....(LOL)

Reply #89667 | Report this post

Digby  
Years ago

That explains some of Scanlon's electrifying shooting performances this season.

Reply #89723 | Report this post

D Brent  
Years ago

can anyone tell me what then what kosmider does in his job?? he would just like to know thats all...

Reply #89956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D Brent , i believe kosi is teaching year 3 grammar . Maybe you should check out one of his classes .

Reply #89958 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:19 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754